SiouxSports.com Forum

Ironman & Walk-on ?

OETKB

I hear the practices are extremly physical. The walk~on's have their hands full. Heck, the returning players have their hands full! Brian (Canady) has a partial seperation in his shoulder. :-( Can you believe that? Took an instinctive hit from D. Hale. He seems to be healing quickly but may miss the first road trip. I don't know who won Ironman. I know it was not Brian.

Too bad about Brian. Is he still able to work out or is it too painful?

I noticed the Fightingsioux.com roster has been updated with 2001-2 commentary for all players and "Before UND" info for the freshmen. However, there is no news about another player walking-on. Any news there?

You know, I'm not sure what the actual prognosis is on his shoulder. He had it evaluated on Wednesday. At that time the doc said he would be out 5-6 weeks. Obviously upset, he left us a bummed~out message on the answering maching. Brian left for Oregon Wednesday night for the weekend. (He is the Best Man in his cousins wedding). I haven't been able to talk to him since Tuesday. I talked with my folks last night and my Dad said Brian thought his shoulder was much better. He has some machine with him (stimiulates the muscle?) that he is using to help heal him up. He (Brian) seems to think he will be back on the ice much earlier than 5-6 weeks. Hope so!

Regarding the walk~on's... he hasn't said much except they are really getting "worked". I think there are about 12 guys trying to earn a walk on spot that may not exist. :D

Thanks for the info again. Too bad about Brian. I hope he's able to keep his legs in hockey shape while he recovers. With Brian out at the start, and Genoway not yet eligible, the Sioux will actually be short a forward for the first weekend. Perhaps that's where a walk-on will see some ice.

As for the walk-on candidates, I guess it's just the pursuit of a dream. Better to try now than to wonder later.

With Brian out at the start, and Genoway not yet eligible, the Sioux will actually be short a forward for the first weekend.

Knowing Genoway has to sit for the first three and Canady's shoulder may not be ready, won't they be right on?

Spiewak, Notermann, Hale, Lundbohm, Palmiscno, Fylling, Bochenski, Connelly, Massen, McMahon, Parise, and Prpich make 12.

Just to add some to Sockeye Sioux comments on the shoulder. Brian is probably having "electronic stim" like those ab things a littlewhile ago and probably some ultrasound to help him heal. I am a trainer for a football team and we had a guy with a shoulder injury that sounds similar and he wasn't out too long.

And does anyone know if O'Leary is one of the guys trying to walk on?

• 2 weeks later...