SiouxSports.com Forum

NCC Hockey

dakotadan

Personally, I think the only true measure of a regular seson champ is when you play everyone in the conference four times. And for that reason alone, I'd like to dump the tournament.

Don't MN, Duluth and Denver all have holiday tournaments too? Unless you can get everyone in the league to give up their tournaments, there is little hope to play a balanced league schedule. So if they won't give up their tournaments in favor of a balanced league schedule, then the next best thing would seem to be to have the Sioux have their own holiday tournament.

There is another way to play a balanced schedule: Reduce the league by one team. I vote MSU-M (last in, first out) or SCCC (then Saigo the soft headed bleeding heart won't have to put up with UND's sweaters giving the NCC its only non-blight).

UMD does not play in or host a holiday tournament this upcoming season. Denver hosts the Denver Cup 1/1/05 & 1/2/05 along w/Air Force, Northeastern, and Colgate and Colorado College is playing in THE Ohio State University tournament 12/29/04 & 12/30/04.

The Subway classic is a fairly new tournament. Many teams commit to christmas tourneys 2,3, or even 4 years in advance, or so I've been told. I believe I read/heard somewhere that coach Blais was alluding to this fact when questioned about the teams the tourney was bringing in during it's first two years. Anyone else remember Blais talking about this subject and can help me out?