SiouxSports.com Forum

Top ND High School Teams 04-05

Jack Mickleson

My vote.

1. South

2. RR

3. Central (you can't count out central...ever)

4. Grafton

5. North

6. Minot

Minot isn't getting near enough credit there. I think they could even be considered #1. If Bismarck High had stronger goaltending I would put them in the top 5, but they will be weak in that area. I think Century will surprise some people as long as they have good goaltending. Grafton should be one of the top 3 teams in the east this coming season too.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minot isn't getting near enough credit there. I think they could even be considered #1. If Bismarck High had stronger goaltending I would put them in the top 5, but they will be weak in that area. I think Century will surprise some people as long as they have good goaltending. Grafton should be one of the top 3 teams in the east this coming season too.

Is Samson still the coach at Minot High? because if he is you can count on Minot playing for the consolation championship pretty much every year. As long as he is the coach, I don't think Minot will really be a serious contender for any state titles.

Is Samson still the coach at Minot High? because if he is you can count on Minot playing for the consolation championship pretty much every year. As long as he is the coach, I don't think Minot will really be a serious contender for any state titles.

I would put Bismarck infront of Minot. I'm not trying to dis the West but they don't have as good of competition as the East. So even with the goaltending Bismarck High will have i think they will be further up in the ranks. I think BIsmarck High will be #1 in the West they have a strong team coming back.

Skateshattrick, you are a master mind about Fargo South. Do you play for them?

Jack, I think the real question for SkatesHattrick is: Did you have a son who played with those South boys until transfering to, oh say, Shanley? And why did you leave "Zamboni" out of your username? :0

Yes. I have heard from several North players and parents that he is going to Bismarck.

I've heard the same - that he is trying out anyway. I hadn't heard if he made the team. He has the talent, but he is one of the dumbest hockey players I've seen play. I'm not saying he is a dumb kid, I don't know him personally. He has a bad temper on the ice and makes way too many mistakes for someone with his talent. Hopefully the Bobcats have a disciplined system and he can improve his game. Anything would be better for him than to stay at North and deteriorate like so many players under Smith. :)

By the way I was just making a joke about marc harrie, and imo the next two years GFRR will be the top team in the state and probably years after that since GF switched its bantam system to a draft. When the juniors and seniors of 2006 were in bantams they were two differnt teams but now when they get to high school the majority will all go to Red River and only a few to central. And one of those teams embarassed the favored Fargp South in the state semifinals in 2003, before losing to us in the final. So I think that even tho Central was the top team the last 2 years that Red River will be a force in those next years, you just can't see it since they divide them into two teams. And speaking of next years Mr hockey, i'd say Jake Marto has it allready won.  I don't know what you guys are talking about with this South guy.

Minotmagic, you say you watched the 2003 Bantam A State Championship Team but you say RR will win it the next 2 years? You have to like your chances in 2006, dont you?

Red River will be the top team in the state hands down. They have 6 returning defenseman, 8 forwards and a very promising goalie in Eli Rosendahl. I saw that kid play at the pepsi cup and he was very solid.

Red River will be the top team in the state hands down. They have 6 returning defenseman, 8 forwards and a very promising goalie in Eli Rosendahl. I saw that kid play at the pepsi cup and he was very solid.

Bismarck High's goalie, Hillman, looked a ton better than Rosendahl in that tournament.

Jack Mickleson, well eventhough we had a good grouup of kids on that bantam team, I don't think they will be able to win the state tournament in 2006. They were great in bantams but with the crappy HS program we have here in Minot with Samson as coach, it doesn't look good. From the people i've talked to, i've herd that Minot has a very very poor team. Kids sware at the coaches, and don't work. So with this and playing in the West for 3 years I dont think they will get any better then they were in bamtams. Eventhough they were great in bamtams I don't think they kids will take it seriously enough to win. And I have a feeling that since the west isn't any good that Jordan Willert will probably leave early, and he is the only chance they have of starting something. So with him gone and the way we run things I'd say we have about as good of a chance as Dickinson.

Jack Mickleson, well eventhough we had a good grouup of kids on that bantam team, I don't think they will be able to win the state tournament in 2006. They were great in bantams but with the crappy HS program we have here in Minot with Samson as coach, it doesn't look good. From the people i've talked to, i've herd that Minot has a very very poor team. Kids sware at the coaches, and don't work. So with this and playing in the West for 3 years I dont think they will get any better then they were in bamtams. Eventhough they were great in bamtams I don't think they kids will take it seriously enough to win. And I have a feeling that since the west isn't any good that Jordan Willert will probably leave early, and he is the only chance they have of starting something. So with him gone and the way we run things I'd say we have about as good of a chance as Dickinson.

I agree that willert will probably leave. But where to?

Well since the muskies folded I have heard that Minot has been wanting to get another team rolling, but they can't reach an agrement with the ice. So idk if they will form a team and he will play for them. I don't think he will go USHL but if I had to say, I'd say either Bismarck or Fargo.

Jack Mickleson, well eventhough we had a good grouup of kids on that bantam team, I don't think they will be able to win the state tournament in 2006. They were great in bantams but with the crappy HS program we have here in Minot with Samson as coach, it doesn't look good.  From the people i've talked to, i've herd that Minot has a very very poor team. Kids sware at the coaches, and don't work. So with this and playing in the West for 3 years I dont think they will get any better then they were in bamtams. Eventhough they were great in bamtams I don't think they kids will take it seriously enough to win. And I have a feeling that since the west isn't any good that Jordan Willert will probably leave early, and he is the only chance they have of starting something. So with him gone and the way we run things I'd say we have about as good of a chance as Dickinson.

Jordan Willert will be around for at least one more year. With his dad being an assistant coach (and a big advocate of kids staying in high school) I'm thinking that there is a good chance he'll be around for his senior season as well. The group of kids that they have this year and next year is Minot's best chance for a state title since probably back in 03, or 00.