SiouxSports.com Forum

Blake on Team USA for World Cup 2004

nodakvindy

For those super grand forks, UND die-hard fans; it's nice to see Jason Blake finally being listed as from GF, which is where he grew up until 8th grade, then to Moorhead. The formative years make a difference. Blake has really changed from then. He was one of the smallest, weakest players in junior high at that time to quite the powerhouse now. I'm proud to have known him.

For those super grand forks, UND die-hard fans; it's nice to see Jason Blake finally being listed as from GF, which is where he grew up until 8th grade, then to Moorhead. The formative years make a difference. Blake has really changed from then. He was one of the smallest, weakest players in junior high at that time to quite the powerhouse now. I'm proud to have known him.

This is a huge honor for Blake. If he keeps performing well he should be named to the Olympic team, assuming the NHL will allow it.

I see what you mean by saying Blake was small - and physically weak. He still dominated in bantams, ability wise he was anything but weak, he was the fastest, most skilled player in the area. Luckily he's a couple years older than me, so I never had to play against him.

Blake is still small and probably one of the weaker NHL players, but he gets the job done. If only the NHL will realize skilled players don't have to be 6-4 230lbs.

it's nice to see Jason Blake finally  being listed as from GF, which is where he grew up until 8th grade, then to Moorhead. 

The remaining six forwards named are: Jason Blake (Moorhead, Minn./New York Islanders),

USA Hockey

Ironic, but on the ESPN website, there was an article that talked about the selection process. It's mentioned several times that players were picked "to win," not because they were the best at their position. Sound familiar? If not, I suggest you rent the afore-mentioned movie Miracle and check it out. Herb Brooks' influence is alive and well in USA hockey.