SiouxSports.com Forum

Moeller to Mankato

Corella

Rumors have been swirling for a while on this, but it is aparently done according to someone in the know, SDSU's Andy Moeller is transferring to Mankato. Mankato is going to be darn near impossible to defend next year with 15-20ppg scorers at the 2 (Moeller), 3 (Anderson), and those 2 both being great shooters, and Jamal Staten going inside and out at the 4. That will be one fun team to watch. If they can find a point guard they have a legit shot at playing in the Ralph come Elite Eight time with that much punch in the lineup. I'm sure we are going to be told otherwise, but this has to kill SDSU for next year and isn't a good sign.

Rumors have been swirling for a while on this, but it is aparently done according to someone in the know, SDSU's Andy Moeller is transferring to Mankato. Mankato is going to be darn near impossible to defend next year with 15-20ppg scorers at the 2 (Moeller), 3 (Anderson), and those 2 both being great shooters, and Jamal Staten going inside and out at the 4. That will be one fun team to watch. If they can find a point guard they have a legit shot at playing in the Ralph come Elite Eight time with that much punch in the lineup. I'm sure we are going to be told otherwise, but this has to kill SDSU for next year and isn't a good sign.

I thought so too, but SDSU does have a very impressive group of recruits coming in for next season. The latest one, Steve Holdren, is a top 50 Illinois player that was being recruited by several D-I schools, and seems to be a very good pick for a transitional school. Landon Scott also seems like he will be a very good player, as well as the Cadwell kid from minnesota. I'm sure their lack of experience at guard will hurt next year, but if they add one or two more recruits like these ones they'll probably end up alright, and definitely better than the bison. On the bright side for them, with the loss of moeller the smallest kid they'll have on the court will probably be between 6'3 and 6'4.

where are all the JACK fans now!!! that said all their guys were staying put, the funny thing about Moeller leaving is now how many more will leave....will Matt Jones leave...the leader of that team has bailed how many followers will there be??? has UND's phone been rining?:D hmmm I better not comment further...ha ha ha...the glory jump to D1 just made your leader jump ship!!!! which women are leaving??? i better not say...the Jack fans will say I am blowing smoke....has UND's phone been ringing with Jack women???? time will tell....wonder what Matt Jones is going to do?;)? interesting.....where are you now jackguy?;)

wonder what Matt Jones is going to do?
I doubt he's leaving. Who would want to waste a scholie on a guy thats played 2 months of basketball in the last two seasons? I know Jacks fans won't like it, but his career is probably over with.

which women are leaving???

I heard that USD was getting Brenda Davis, and theres a possibility of the star Freshman Vogel leaving.

Of all the teams in the NCC and NSIC, why would a player want to go to UND?  Women maybe, but men? No way, makes no sense. There are much better places.

In terms of women, who wouldn't want to go to UND if offered? The year-in, year-out success over a 17-year period speaks for itself.

In terms of men, sure the past decade has been mediocre, but looking at the big picture UND is still one of the most successful programs in this region. 19 NCAA appearances and 8 national quarterfinal appearances isn't too bad. While past success doesn't ensure future success, it does show that it's possible to do very well here. With a new facility, hopefully the program will get a shot in the arm.

Of all the teams in the NCC and NSIC, why would a player want to go to UND? Women maybe, but men? No way, makes no sense. There are much better places.

I can't answer the whole question, but I can answer part of it.

Practice facility: http://theralph.com/new2/Arena_Info_Sectio...ioux_Center.htm

Home court: http://theralph.com/new2/Arena_Info_Sectio...a_Info_Main.htm

A neutral point-of-view: http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?&showtopic=2650

University of North Dakota: a "Princeton Review" Top 351 university.

There's a really good start on "why".

where would you go answer??? NSIC school??? come on...are you kidding me....and dont be so sure about Mr. Jones Jack rabbit...little birdy has been chirping and the birdie has been saying a lot....so your saying he couldnt get out of his apt.?? come on....dont be that foolish...you havent been smelling cow doo doo that long have you???

I think there is a great possibility that Matt Jones won't play anywhere til he is healthy. Which could be never or could be next year. It's a moot point until he's a 100%. He's a very good player but he is a better person from what I've heard and I hope the best for him.