SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA probation period lowered

Bisonfan1234

That's weird coming from someone living in a town half the population of Fargo but with twice the percentage of redneck hicks.

Fargo is a growing metropolitan area with a metro population expected to be around 300000 in 45 years.

We're just like a little Minneapolis or Chicago.

Ummm, yeah.

Grand Forks is smaller, but I am pretty sure that Fargo (particularly the area N of 12th Ave) has the handle on rednecks. ;)

So in 45 years you can say you are a mini-Minneapolis

You'd better hope. Think about it before you respond.

I have no idea what that sentence is supposed to mean. When I say (or write) DI and the context is football I mean IA, if i'm referring to I-AA then that is what I'll type. And I stand by what I said, I think Rob Hunt (and a few other Bison) could start for a few DI teams. Heck, I'd put the whole team up against SUNY-Buffalo.

What I meant was, if he's not up to DI he's in big trouble. Of course, that could be a big, common theme in some parts.

SUNY-Buffalo? I could get ten guys off a flag football field in Minot and give them a run. ;)

It'd be too easy to make a comment about things that maybe will maybe won't happen 45 years from now in Fargo, so I'll leave it alone.

However, 45 years ago in Grand Forks, they were celebrating an NCAA Mens Ice Hockey National Championship (over Michigan State, 4-3 in OT): The First of Seven.

What I meant was, if he's not up to DI he's in big trouble. Of course, that could be a big, common theme in some parts.

SUNY-Buffalo? I could get ten guys off a flag football field in Minot and give them a run. ;)

It'd be too easy to make a comment about things that maybe will maybe won't happen 45 years from now in Fargo, so I'll leave it alone.

However, 45 years ago in Grand Forks, they were celebrating an NCAA Mens Ice Hockey National Championship (over Michigan State, 4-3 in OT): The First of Seven.

Fair enough. And I agree, if Hunt and the rest of the team aren't up to I-AA standards, then we are in trouble. I'll think we'll do fine, but of course we'll know more in just a few months. :sad::D

One trip to the dance is worth more than 100 years of small college and DII basketball.

One trip to the "DANCE" will be about all you get in 100 years so enjoy it!! I can SeeItNow...dateline 2064: A small, financially stricken college called NORTH DAKOTA STATE has made the NCAA'S!! NDSU qualifies as a the final seed for March Madness and promptly loses by 20 in the first round...BUT HEY...the residents of Fargo were ecstatic for the ENTIRE 3 days following the announcement and the playing of the first round game. AD Rocky Entzion Taylor IV was qouted as saying..."what a long strange trip it's been, but this brief appearance has made our DI move worth it - you knuckleheads!!!" The sound of one-hand clapping was followed by several tumbleweeds blowing through the scene of press conference...SEE YA IN 2164!!!

Why will ndsu ever make the big dance? What elite athlete wants to play bb in fargo in sub zero temps. In four or five years when the bison are coming off 3-24 years gene taylor will be an asst ad for some d1 program like missouri, chancellor chapman will be doing some professorial s&!t down in La. and they will leave an incredible mess to clean up for the next administration. But hey, they did beat Montana in fb in 2003. I predict that craig bohl will grow a full head of hair before ndsu make the big dance. ;):sad::D

.............One trip to the "DANCE" will be about all you get in 100 years so enjoy it!!...........

NDSU never made the elite 8 in DII, so by winning a conference tourney in Divison I, the Bison would qualify for the Dance. Playing in a conference at the level of the Mid-Con or Big Sky, the odds of that happening are better than NDSU getting to the elite 8 in DII.

Playing in a conference at the level of the Mid-Con or Big Sky, the odds of that happening are better than NDSU getting to the elite 8 in DII.

but FIRST you need to play in a conference at the level of the Mid Con or the Big Sky - Here's ANOTHER news flash for you....the GREAT WORST isn't IT! How many years will it take before you can get an automatic bid?? How long before you can win a game at the "BIG DANCE" - UNI's been trying for 30 years - made it twice and went ONE AND DONE both times...oh, my spine is tingling with the excitement...

AD Rocky Entzion Taylor IV was qouted as saying..."what a long strange trip it's been, but this brief appearance has made our DI move worth it - you knuckleheads!!!"

c'mon...you didn't even tell me how the middle part of ROCKY ENTZION TAYLOR IV could procreate....oh...I think it was Rocky:-)