SiouxSports.com Forum

ND/Minny

Mad Man

You think your barfing now. Here is a better description of the Vanek winner.

"Vanek turns it over at the blue line, a quick pass ahead and it's a Notre Dame breakaway, he shoots, Briggs with the save! Ballard carries down the left side, flips it to the middle, Notre Dame players collide and Vanek scores!"

Gophs take a 3-2 lead and don't look back.

Gophs will need a FAR superior effort tomorrow to advance. I'm confident they will provide it though.

You think your barfing now. Here is a better description of the Vanek winner.

"Vanek turns it over at the blue line, a quick pass ahead and it's a Notre Dame breakaway, he shoots, Briggs with the save! Ballard carries down the left side, flips it to the middle, Notre Dame players collide and Vanek scores!"

Gophs take a 3-2 lead and don't look back.

Gophs will need a FAR superior effort tomorrow to advance. I'm confident they will provide it though.

Good post - I agree. Taking nothing away from the victory but realizing the short comings with today's effort. Thanks nice to see from a Gopher fan.

I've given this a lot of thought, and I am now prepared to declare Vanek to be abslutely, positively, without any question of any kind, the...make that THE...finest hockey player to EVER lace up the skates.

It's really too bad that the Hobey Baker award has that name engraved on it, otherwise I almost certain it would already have been renamed the Thomas Vanek award. :lol:

I can't honestly understand how Dean Blais can call himself a coach after he let this one get by him. And that fifth pick? I'm surprised at all the NHL scouts and general managers. He should've been the first overall pick, without a doubt.

He continues to amaze me with his constant, end-to-end effort, his amazing back-checking, and the extraordinarily positive effect he has on the rest of his team.

I take back everything negative I've ever thought about him.

Sheesh!

I'd like to beat Vanek up just for fun.

That makes two of us :lol: Seriously - Lucia needs to tell his players to get their hair under control. I know that most people will debate that looks don't matter, but seriously, these players are representing NOT ONLY a University at these point, but they are also representing a state, a conference and a region - it is very important that they represent these things well! GOPHERS: GET YOUR HAIR CUT!