SiouxSports.com Forum

Concert question

Hi all-

I apologize to deviate from the norm, but I'm wondering if anyone's ever sat in 106 for a concert for the Ralph. Never been to a show at the REA and before I make the plunge on buying tickets it'd be nice to have some perspective, if it's available.

Thanks in advance, and as always, go Sioux!

Surprised there are tickets there, as that will be behind the stage,  which will be at the south end.  Floor seating is north of the stage.  You may be looking at his back most of the time,  but would be fairly close to the stage.  Sound should be fine (loud) from all seating. 

The last show I went to at the Ralph was the Volbeat/Anthrax/Crobot show in May '15.  My seats for hockey are in 306 so I have an idea what you will be looking at.  For that show I went to, those sections were part of the backstage area.  If they are selling tickets in that section, I'm assuming the stage setup will be "in the round" in the middle of the floor.  If not in the round, that section will probably be extreme side stage or obstructed view.

13 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

The last show I went to at the Ralph was the Volbeat/Anthrax/Crobot show in May '15.  My seats for hockey are in 306 so I have an idea what you will be looking at.  For that show I went to, those sections were part of the backstage area.  If they are selling tickets in that section, I'm assuming the stage setup will be "in the round" in the middle of the floor.  If not in the round, that section will probably be extreme side stage or obstructed view.

I assumed round as well,  but there are floor seats and the stage is at the south end  (not in the round like the Underwood concert, for instance)

34 minutes ago, sprig said:

I assumed round as well,  but there are floor seats and the stage is at the south end  (not in the round like the Underwood concert, for instance)

Right.  I was just speculating based on what I've seen at other shows I've been to.  Eric Church, to put it nicely, ain't my thing, so I've not bothered to look into the seating chart.  if it's southend stage setup, then 103/303 around to 106/306 will for sure be limited view.

I sat in 104 for Elton John. They had a plain flat stage setup. Most of the concert was aimed at the other end of the arena, so we saw the back of the band most of the time. But they would turn our direction part of the time. We did see a little more of the backstage type stuff that most people don't see and I find that interesting. Our tickets were also quite a bit cheaper. The sound was the same, and I went to hear the music, so I enjoyed the concert.

53 minutes ago, sprig said:

Just looked at some of the notes for working the concert, and, even though the stage is at the south end, it's listed as a full house 360 degree show, so may not be the backstage look in sec 106, etc

This is what I was hoping for, and the main motivation behind the original post. My cousin saw him down in Sioux Falls last night at the Sanford and she said that's how it was set up, and I've heard it's been done at the Ralph before. Fantastic news. Thank you!