SiouxSports.com Forum

The NEW Rivals! (Screw NDSU!)

SiouxMeNow

I can't think of the movie its from, but I'm just thinking about that scene where this Drill Sargent is out in the rain, making a recreit do push-ups in the mud. The Drill Sargent asks, "Why don't you just quit?"

The recreit replys, "Because I have no where else to go!!"

I can't think of the movie its from, but I'm just thinking about that scene where this Drill Sargent is out in the rain, making a recreit do push-ups in the mud. The Drill Sargent asks, "Why don't you just quit?"

The recreit replys, "Because I have no where else to go!!"

An Officer and a Gentleman

IMHO, the Bison fans here have generally been quite friendly and come around to discuss items of interest to Sioux fans (though many understandably take pro-NDSU stances in conflicts between the schools, such as "the rivalry"). There ARE a few people out there who just want to denigrate and disagree with anything pro-Sioux, but those people don't last long. If anything, I've been surprised by the anti-NDSU obsession that seems to have dominated this forum this off-season.

On the topic of GVSU -- clearly playing the same opponent for the national championship twice in 3 years starts to create a bit of a rivalry. I had a lot of fun talking to GVSU fans on my trip to Florence. Unfortunately, the new regions won't allow the rubber match, but they do encourage our teams to meet in the regular season (it would also be fun to meet in the playoffs, in the Alerus, of course).

Yeah it definately would be fun to meet up next season somehow! Any competitive game would be great, instead of some of our GLIAC rivals (who i wont mention) that we beat by 4 touchdowns or more!!!!!

Have fun thawing out in Grand Forks!

OOT

To add to what Jim said....I was teasing you guys with my comment (that is why I had a smile face at the end of it!)

GVSU is obviously a great rival for the Sioux given the playoff games recently. I remember when we(NDSU) had a hot rivalry going with Davis that all started with playoffs as well. Back in the 80's I would have never imagined that rivalry in the playoffs would eventually move us towards being in the same conference as Davis. Who knows, on down the road the Sioux could wind up in the same conference as GVSU...that would really heat the whole thing up to a new level.

To you Sioux guys who have wandered over to GVFootball, don't be afraid to post a little there. Whats the worst that could happen from that? A horde of Laker fans coming over here and drowning out the insessant bleating of the Bison? :D That couldn't be that bad of a fate now would it? ???;)

Since NDSU tucked TAIL and ran - we need a new rival and I think they're it! GO SIOUX!!!!!

Are you so blinded by your hatred of NDSU that you actually believe this?

NDSU decided to move UP, and the Sioux decided to stay put (probably a smart decision), but that doesn't mean NDSU tucked tail and ran. All the UND fans that say that simply sound stupid.