SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Spotting

Schmitzzz

I was watching the YES network today (it the local Yankees baseball channel... think it stands for Yankee Entertainment System), and they were showing some hockey news program (NHL Cool Shots I think it was). On this program they were showing some sort of celebrity pick-up type hockey game... they had Dennis Leary, Michael J. Fox, Cam Nealy, Pat Lafontaine, among others. I think the first game was taking place somewhere around Boston, and the second game was on Long Island. In the first game, amidst all of the action on the ice, I spotted one of the players wearing a Sioux jersey (the new style). The camera was naturally following the stars so it only saw it for a second and wasn't sure I did actually see it. Then during the post game hand shake I got a good look at it. Didn't recognize the player so I don't think it was a former Sioux player... but it was just odd seeing it out there on the ice somewhere in Massachusetts. Didn't see any other college jerseys on the ice. It

A friend of mine won a ride on the zamboni during a period break of a Boston Bruins game a couple years ago at the Fleet Center. (It was the first game Mario Lemieux played in Boston after beginning to play again for Pittsburgh.) I made my friend wear my Sioux jersey. You could clearly see it was a Sioux jersey from the crowd, and for good measure, he was on the Jumbo Tron, too. The jersey looked great! I could hear a bunch of people commenting about it, and my friend was stopped quite a few times getting back to his seat.

Whenever I wear the jersey out here at events (Beanpot or Bruins game or whatever), I always hear people saying how great the jersey is as I walk by and it never fails that someone will come up to me and talk about it.

I wear my jersey around school down here in southern MN and obviously I get the negative comments from Gopher punks but I do get a lot of compliments of what a sweet jersey it is. I think it's the logo. Nobody has a logo like that.

Two weekends ago I wore my jersey in Santa Monica (shopping, the pier and things like that). I had two street performers tell me that I had a "cool jersey." I also ran into four UND alumni. Always interesting to hear from other UND alumni and what they are doing.