SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux on FSN

kramer9

For sure the Saturday game is on WDAZ

If the game is normally on Midco cable, then it is also on FSSN (the home games)

I dont think its on Midcontinent cable (23), and therefore, not on FSSN.

I would still set the VCR....whats the worst thing that can happen....3+ hours of "No Signal" on your screen. Thats what my receiver would say

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that in the release they say its a digital broadcast.

AMC9 TP5 is an analog signal (at least it was last week when I was watching a college basketball game) and can be picked up with an old C/KU band receiver (not the type of receiver that FSSN uses).

But in any way, they changed it off of SBS6 TP5 and onto AMC9 TP5

Rats! If it aint digital I wont be able to see it : ( The DVB digital boxes dont work with analog, all I can do is check it out on the night and hope they broadcast it digitally!

Iceberg I take it you have an old analog receiver then?

Rats! If it aint digital I wont be able to see it : ( The DVB digital boxes dont work with analog, all I can do is check it out on the night and hope they broadcast it digitally!

Iceberg I take it you have an old analog receiver then?

The link above says the Saturday game is digital:

THESE ARE DIGITAL COORDINATES

AMC 9, Transponder K5B

OK I got AMC9 now if the game is digital I will see it, I dont care if its just a raw feed, I enjoy them. I found the satellite by motorizing my dish to the left of the G3C satellite position (from behind dish), my satellite meter cant find this satellite yet , but if you have a motorized dish it follows all the satellites anyway so its just a case of having all the details then motorize left and right and if its digital you got it." Not all receivers can be motorised it has to be a DiSEqC 1.2 receiver.

The link above says the Saturday game is digital:

AMC 9, Transponder K5B

Unless they publish the frequency & symbol rate, it wont come in

I have a feeling it will be analog...Last Saturday I was watching some small school college basketball game on AMC9 TP5

OK I got AMC9 now if the game is digital I will see it, I dont care if its just a raw feed, I enjoy them. I found the satellite by motorizing my dish to the left of the G3C satellite position (from behind dish), my satellite meter cant find this satellite yet , but if you have a motorized dish it follows all the satellites anyway so its just a case of having all the details then motorize left and right and if its digital you got it." Not all receivers can be motorised it has to be a DiSEqC 1.2 receiver.

Pete

There isnt anything usually on AMC9 (85) thats digital. Try to get Montana PBS on AMC3 (87) at 12085 H 4340 SR. If you get that, you need to move the dish to the left (if your behind it) maybe 1/8" and you'll hit AMC9

How much did you get your c/ku box for ? As for the MPG? I dont understand.

I have found AMC9 now, its just that my satellite meter does not "find" AMC9 it still has AMC2 in the 85w slot, so it will be difficult to point anyones dish to AMC9, I will have to do it the old way!!!!! I would hate to go back to using a small TV, but other than paying big $$$$... just as easy flinging a motor on the mount if set up correct you get all the sats. Thats what I have, I am looking out for a cheap(free) Big dish I have seen a few on my travels. The main thing is getting to see the Sioux games.

Pete

What's wrong with the old way?? :glare:

I swing my dish between G3, G11, & AMC9. Got little marks on the back of the post for each one. Thank god I can get to my dish. Just stand on the stepladder, and look into the house. Have a little TV at an angle to see signal quality.

WOW! Good price, you cant beat marking the mast I still do it every day just in case, I scan G11 when I am doing my rounds : ) I will have to lookout for one of those C/ku receivers on e-bay! Thats a deal.

Hey Pete... it's Harvey from Lakeville.

You did an awesome job of installing my satellite system. I may call you on Friday to see if you are able to get the game... I may need your assistance in pulling my dish left or right if there is a raw feed available.

:glare:

This is really frustrating that this game is not on TV tonight ? :glare:

What is the real reason ? Pat Sweeny couldn't make it to Duluth ?

Or is it because the Ralph wants to sell that crappy computer connection ?

Could Midco put it on 23 if they wanted too (enough demand) ? :p:0;)

I have never been out of MN, well I have been to WI. as its just a few miles away but thats it I would love to see the Sioux play, maybe next season. The e-bay link is a real cheap receiver and it may work but I am not familiar with it, and I am sure it will be very limited and will take some work to get up and running (you have to enter EVERYTHING manually, the good thing about say the ST3618 is the blind search function, you can go back to factory default then do a blind search and it finds ALL channels on the satellite, this is handy for anyone just starting, with the BEC receivers, the transponder details must be put in for what ever channel/s you want but they are more than good enough for Sioux games and the system can be motorised.

Harvey, it was really nice meeting you, its up to you if you want to try and move the dish by hand, it should be easy enough but as you say best to wait to make sure its on first, same for the Saturday game, its going to be a bit harder for you to punch in the freq.... I would REALLY suggest doing the latest download for that receiver BEFORE you try to move the dish as the software still has some issues that have since been sorted with the updates, you will need a null modem cable RS232 I think, I can double check or see the manuel, the problem with Saturdays game on AMC9 is my satellite meter does not have the details to find it yet, it would be easy for everyone to get all the satellites if the system was motorized as the dish then is lined up with the satellites as it moves left and right. AMC9 is a tough satellite to find at the best of times as it has very few Ku channels and the ones that are there are not digital most of the time, remember if you move your dish mark the mast and remember it cancels out any waranty, but its also a good way to get used to the system. Where your dish is positioned you will see about 70% of all satellites, from where your dish is most of the good satellites are only an inch or so away on each side.

To get the latest software go to....www.allsathelp.com I have never done it yet, but I think you download the loader software then the latest version of the software, it may take a few tries to take.

I was buying the recevers at a reduced price in numbers but since its near the end of the season I have not been keeping them in stock hense the price increase at my web site, I just get them shipped direct to a customer from the importer.

Yes you can take the system with you to the lake, thats the sweet thing about satellite, once you know how to set up the system you can strip it down and take it with you, and you can get what ever channels you had at home anywhere in the country, the main thing is to get the mast PLUMB that makes it really easy, just plonk the dish on connect the cables, tune into a channel that you know is on 24/7 then point the dish to the satellte and move slowly until you get a picture, then peak the signal and you are all set. The dish mount can be a tripod, a bucket with cement in it with the correct size pole cemented in it, or even the mast that comes with the dish can be used. Remember these Ku band systems really only pick up free to air channels so there is no free HBO up there : ) But more than enough to keep you going.....Fox/ABC/PAX/NASA....too many to list here.

Pete (and others)

Here is something interesting....the coordinates for saturdays game are

AMC 9, Transponder K5B

Downlink Frequency- 11791.75, FEC 3/4, Mpg profile- 420 QPSK

I know these have been posted and I've asked Pete what the Mpg means....but in looking further, these are the normal coordinates

Galaxy 3c / Ku

Transponder 18

Slot A

Frequency

I think you are right the S/R. is 5 digits on most receivers so I usually put a 0 at the front when I enter the S/R. and I have seen it written down as a 3 digit #, the Ralph link seems to say it will be digital so we should be lucky : ) I am more pessimistic about tonights game, you cant bet I will be scanning the sky looking for it, and I will post here if I find it, remember moving the dish is not for the faint hearted!

weird...my receiver I just put in the 4 or 5 digit number and it would work. Never need a 0 in the front if its 4 digits.

I'll be scanning tonight on both analog & digital to see if I can pick it up. If not, I have a backup (my buddy who lives in Duluth is recording it for me off of WDIO)

I would try the same coordinates for tonight's game. I called WDIO a week ago and the station engineer told me they have a fiber pipe from the DECC to WDIO studios (its only a mile or so away), so home games are usually not beamed up on satellite.

I would s**t a brick if it is on tonight, somehow. Since I couldnt get a ticket to tonights game, I have been resorting to anything I can do to try to view this game.

GO DOGS!

I dont know if you HAVE to add a zero but I just got into the habit. I checked out a few C/ku band receivers at e-bay all below $50 so I will be looking into it, what size dish do you have? The fibre link is not a good omen, you never know as one or two of the recent away games have been show on the SBS6 satellite, it was a Fox Sprorts feed, while they were showing the Rodents game here on cable. I always get a game on there every week even its not the Sioux, its better than nothing. I wish I could get a job with one of those DNG trucks doing the uplinks, now that would be a fun job and they get to see all the games : )