SiouxSports.com Forum

Hello, SIOUX !

Orange & Maroon Sioux

I am a Virginia Tech grad ('64), and my roommate in pilot training 39 years ago is a SIOUX (class of '63) as is his wife. They live in Arthur. We have always remained friends; I have been to NoDak many times; love it; been to the campus; love it; hope to go to a football game AND a Hockey match there someday.

Was at the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME several years ago in Alabama. In'99, we played in the National Championship game against Florida State, but lost. Our main man was MICHAEL VICK !!!!!!!! You GOTTA know him !

Virginia Tech's colors are Orange & Maroon (NO other school anywhere has OUR colors !), hence my "name".

Looks like I won't get a chance to see us trample ndsu; am interested in what you all think of that decision of them to go 1-A. I went to law school @ U of Richmond and they are 1-A. I also live here in Richmond, but am wearing my UND sweatpants "as we speak" !!!!

Go Sioux !!! It's nice to be here.

Baxter ......aka Orange & Maroon Sioux

I am a Virginia Tech grad ('64), and my roommate in pilot training 39 years ago is a SIOUX (class of '63) as is his wife. They live in Arthur. We have always remained friends; I have been to NoDak many times; love it; been to the campus; love it; hope to go to a football game AND a Hockey match there someday.

Was at the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME several years ago in Alabama. In'99, we played in the National Championship game against Florida State, but lost. Our main man was MICHAEL VICK !!!!!!!! You GOTTA know him !

Virginia Tech's colors are Orange & Maroon (NO other school anywhere has OUR colors !), hence my "name".

Looks like I won't get a chance to see us trample ndsu; am interested in what you all think of that decision of them to go 1-A. I went to law school @ U of Richmond and they are 1-A. I also live here in Richmond, but am wearing my UND sweatpants "as we speak" !!!!

Go Sioux !!! It's nice to be here.

Baxter ......aka Orange & Maroon Sioux

O&M Sioux:

Congratulations on making a mighty fine choice of the Fighting Sioux as your #2 team! I've worked with a number of Hokie/Gobbler graduates and as they have all been down-to-earth, hard-working types, I find it hard not to favor the orange and maroon. What VaTech has done in athletics in the last 20 years, moving from the Metro to the A-10 (?) to the Big East and now to the ACC, has been nothing short of phenomenal. I can't imagine what the excitement will be like in Blacksburg next year.

As far as the Bison moving to Div I, keep in mind their football will be IAA level. Major issues for them will be getting a conference affiliation for non-football sports, the five year probation period in all sports except men's basketball, and the 13-year probation period for men's b-ball. If UND had an open invitation to a decent Div I mid-major conference and there was not a 13 year wait for men's basketball post-season appearances, I think the UND adminstration would much more seriously consider a DI move. In the mean time UND's facilities will be constantly upgraded with revenue generated from the hockey program.

Go Hokies! Go Sioux !!!