SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Prospects

dagies

From today's GF Herald:

The twin sons of former UND defenseman Craig Ludwig - Trevor and Tyler - are competing for the Dallas Junior Stars hockey team. So is Mick Berge, son of former UND player Mark Berge. Mark Berge and Craig Ludwig were defensive teammates on UND's 1980-81 team. Mick Berge, a forward, had six points and Tyler Ludwig had four goals in the recent national Midget AAA tournament. UND has been tracking the play of the Ludwigs.

If the Ludwig boys are even half as good as Craig and we landed them it would a nice package.  Don't know much about Berge though.  

I think Phillipe Lamoriaux(sp?) formerly of Red River and now in the USHL is supposedly catching Blais' attention.  I believe his dad played for UND.  Ryan Potulny is a possibility, but I'd guess with Grant at Minnesota and with a probable "C" on him next season he might be following his brother.  I've heard some scuttlebutt regarding the Canadian leagues, but nothing serious right now.  

I'd guess with Murray going to the BCHL for next season, Blais will probably be looking at other prospects in that part of the universe too. That makes me  :D

I've heard some scuttlebutt regarding the Canadian leagues, but nothing serious right now.  

Call me dense but I am not sure what you were referring to here.

I think I read on the POI site a few weeks ago that somebody's buddy is a buddy of Ryan Potulney and supposedly Ryan was saying if Grant is with the Gophers then Ryan would play with the gophers and if Grant left early then he would play for the Sioux.  There's my source so salt that as much as you would like.

I think he and Grant would overlap by 1 year.

Danny Irmen had similar numbers to Ryan in the USHL.  Any scuttlebutt on him?  I like seeing ND boys in Green.

Would think if these two 16 year year olds turn out to be college material, the Sioux's chances of getting them are good. Wonder if the old man lets them wear his Sioux shot blocking pads.

One of the Stars' biggest losses was when Craig retired following the Stanley cup win.

Would be nice if all former Sioux had twin boys :D Would love to see a remake of the 80-83 team.