SiouxSports.com Forum

Elsewhere in the WCHA

PCM

sagard, I am curious what you would think would happen if the Gophers get swept by the Sioux. Do you think that would adversely affect their NCAA run? I am not talking about WCHA, because it's already established that Lucia doesn't care much for league titles.

I really don't want to think about it. :lol:

If the Sioux sweep the Gophers, they would demonstrate they are still at a completely different level than the Gophs. This Gopher team would then have to face a reality that they haven't had to face in their last two titles runs. That is that the WCHA champ (Sioux) is far superior to what the Gophers can be.

It would seriously hurt there NCAA run as well. The last two runs have been launched from getting at top seed and cruising into the Frozen Four. Although they could still pull it off, I really wouldn't like their chances.

What I expect and hope is that the Gophers put out great efforts both nights. If they do that, they will likely get the breaks one of the nights and get a win.

My biggest fear is the Gophers (and they only way I see a Sioux sweep possible) is if the Gophers continue taking stupid penalties and the Sioux PP gets going. The only time I've seen the Sioux PP was against the Gophs and they popped three in that weekend, so I really don't get why they are struggling.

The games at Mariucci always seem to be a let down compared to the games in GF. Often one or both games will be one sided. Should be fun, I'll be at the top of the section 24 Friday in a "02" Champions throwback jersey if anyone wants to put a face with a name.