SiouxSports.com Forum

Beat State!!

hm.grwn.grizfan

There will always be good fans and bad fans at any sporting event. I believe this to be a true statement of both the Cat and Grizz faithful that come out to Grand Forks to take in thier respective games. I hope that the Cat fans show some respect and enjoy this new Big Sky venue. I am a passionate CAT fan, but i also have respect for the opposition especially when you are the visitor and representing the entire state of Montana. I believe this should be a fun one. I can't make the trip, but I'll be watching on the big screen. Here's to MSU and UND fans having a good time. CHEERS!

Sat near a bunch of Griz fans durings the game. Mostly reminded me a Wisco hockey fans that were looking for a good time and party atmosphere. Only a few mimicked the inferiority complex of most of the Bison fans. Expecting the Cats fans to be good natured - unlike the what you see from Fargo where every so called misstep is remembered for years (witness MSU buyout of the NDSU game which is remembered by NDSU in terms of death where the mafia don takes vengance.)

Last year I travelled to Bozeman to take in the UND vs. Cats. The fans and community treated me well. I had cats fans around me. A very few Sioux fans somewhat close by ccheering we where treated with respect and some good natured ribbing.

2 Weeks ago quite a Montana fans sat in front of me and we also had some good ribbing early on. They were all class appreciated their attendance. Into the 3 qtr the only ribbing i could do was ask them to bring out their punter. Unfortunately we only saw him once.

I must say the fans of the big sky are the best IMO. Looking forward to sat.

Last year I travelled to Bozeman to take in the UND vs. Cats. The fans and community treated me well. I had cats fans around me. A very few Sioux fans somewhat close by ccheering we where treated with respect and some good natured ribbing.

2 Weeks ago quite a Montana fans sat in front of me and we also had some good ribbing early on. They were all class appreciated their attendance. Into the 3 qtr the only ribbing i could do was ask them to bring out their punter. Unfortunately we only saw him once.

I must say the fans of the big sky are the best IMO. Looking forward to sat.

Thanks for your input. It is pretty unique: Griz Fan, former GF resident, current Fargo resident.

Here is really unique then. Grew up in Montana, my Dad went to MSU, lived there as a little kid, and a Bobcat fan. Moved to North Dakota, attended UND, a Sioux fan. Married a Griz, her whole family are Griz fanatics, yes i cheer for the Griz unless they are playing MSU or UND. Live in Fargo, think the school is good, they play great football, but as my wife says they have the worst fans in FCS that she has experienced.

Came up for the Griz game and had a blast, we are going up this weekend for the Cat/Sioux game. My wife, the Griz, is working the Alumin booth for the Cats, while wearing her Griz clothes. The Cats and Griz have a great time together in Fargo during the Cat/Griz game and cheer for each other during everything but the Cat Griz game. They just love watching Montana kids play football. Great fans on both sides.

Looking forward to another great time this weekend, and I don't have a pick. MSU has so many physical injuries, UND has injuries also, just don't know what to call them.

I lived in Grand Forks for 7 years and had nothing but respect for the UND tradition especially the skill level at the hockey arena. I have lived in Fargo the past 15 years.

The class and sportsmanship shown in the Alerus is what college athletics is supposed to be.

I was seated in Section 215(due to outside issues was not sure I would make the game and got ticket late). Sat with several Griz Fans, we had a good time discussing college athletics with several UND fans.

There was one person wearing GRIZ gear who needed to have GF police talk to him. He actually had seat I tried to get next to a UND fan I rode up with from Fargo. I had to sit several seats away, I knew he was loud but could not hear things he was saying in normal voice to UND fans seated near him. When I learned what was said, will just say he would have been removed from Washington Grizzly Stadium.

If I would have heard him, I would have gotten in his face and told him you represent Montana and given him two choices:

A. Apologize to the woman and act like you are representing Montana.

B. Go to Fargo, put on a green and gold colored shirt where that sort of behavior is tolerated.

I did talk to him at half time, asked if he was out of line to draw police or just loud; he said "probably out of line". I said fine, but try to remember we are Montana. My UND buddy I rode back to Fargo; he said the guy in Griz gear was ok after talking to the police.

I have walked out of a lot of stadiums as both a supporter of winning and losing teams. But never have walked out of a place where the score was that lopsided and fans of the other team (people I had never seen before or sat anywhere near) say to me and a lot of GRIZ fans “you guys are always welcome here because of how you conduct yourselves”.

I wish you continued success in your growth as part of the Big Sky Conference, in my opinion you are the definition of class in North Dakota college athletics.

Thank you UND

I posted the above on EGRIZ, this is the first time I have posted on another teams page.

I have no particular interest in the game except to say unlike an a program in Fargo(that will not be mentioned by name) I have respect for both programs(UND and the Cats).

Did receive my post graduate degree from MSU and if they were playing anybody but the GRIZ for the national championship would probably pull(not cheer) for them.

Wish an injury free game for both teams and encourage your program to do what they can to avoid the cancer that is the program in Fargo.

Good Post!!!

Can anyone from the Montana side give a nice run down of the injury situation - I know that the QB is hurt - not sure about the rest.

I'll try, but there have been SO MANY.

• We all know about McGhee
  • Projected starter at DE (Gale) has not taken a snap yet, but may be available on Saturday
  • 2nd best WR (Flottkoeter) is out indefinitely
  • 3rd best WR (Roderick) is out indefinitely
  • Two or the projected starters at LB are out for the season, with one of them retiring in fall camp.
  • Starting RT out indefinitely, replaced last week by a starting guard and alot of rotation expected up front.
  • DT (Ashworth) questionable
  • CB (Armstrong) questionable
  • SF (Barnett) questionable

I'm sure I've missed a few :(

I'll try, but there have been SO MANY.

• We all know about McGhee
  • Projected starter at DE (Gale) has not taken a snap yet, but may be available on Saturday
  • 2nd best WR (Flottkoeter) is out indefinitely
  • 3rd best WR (Roderick) is out indefinitely
  • Two or the projected starters at LB are out for the season, with one of them retiring in fall camp.
  • Starting RT out indefinitely, replaced last week by a starting guard and alot of rotation expected up front.
  • DT (Ashworth) questionable
  • CB (Armstrong) questionable
  • SF (Barnett) questionable

I'm sure I've missed a few :sad:

Did Ashworth play last week, I thought someone said he did?