SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Stadium Power Rankings

GeauxSioux

8. Alerus Center (North Dakota)

Now we start getting to the truly quality stadiums in the conference, which aren't noticeably in need of any major improvements. The stadium is the furthest east of any in the conference, and is indoors due to being located in the harshest climate in the conference. Considering the rugged locales that make up most of the Big Sky, that's saying something. The Alerus Center is a perfectly fine stadium that's not even 15 years old yet. The myriad of crisscrossing beams in the ceiling add a distinctive touch to the stadium. While not a spectacular stadium, it's a nice little arena that's more than serviceable for the team.

No mention of the new turf, as they did with the other stadiums. Maybe they didn't know.

I thought that the Alerus is about right - hopefully we can get the place rock'n this year.

1) Washington-Grizzly Stadium - The stadium does have an odd configuration seems piece meal.

2) Aggie Stadium - It's new, but looks a bit generic. I do believe that they plan to add on in future - bit too high in the rankings.

3) Walkup Skydome - Nice facility again a bit too high

4) Bobcat Stadium - I think it should be higher up

5) Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium - about right - maybe too high.

6) Jeld-Wen Field - Nice facility should be higher

7) Spanos Stadium - Nice facility should be higher

8) Alerus Center

I need to get out to some of these stadiums. Thinking about Bozeman in 14 and Poly in 15

When Northern Colorados head coach was Kay Dalton he said about the Alerus- I like it I like it alot.

Dalton has quite a resume and I see he is still an offensive consultant for No. Col. 50 years of coaching. They will move the ball.

Start winning games and being competitive in the Big Sky, and the Alerus will rocket up the list. The environment and fan participation is what makes a stadium for the most part IMO. From 2001-2006 or so, the Alerus was a raucous and rowdy place. We get back to that, and I say only Wa-Griz and Bobcat Stadium beat it.................