SiouxSports.com Forum

Is UND being pushed in Shanghai?

GeauxSioux

U.S. elite stationed in Shanghai high scholarship at your fingertips - You will have to Google translate.

The piece starts out talking about how the elite universities in America (Duke, Brown, Stanford) are seeing more and more applicants, the next paragraph seems to recommend that they try UND.

U.S. elite Introduction

University of North Dakota (University of North Dakota referred UND) is a famous American four-year public university, founded in 1883, is a national key university, providing students with 193 areas of expertise, the quality of teaching and research at all levels rather has done. UND has a long history, rich cultural resources, was "the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Education" as the nation's hundred universities; in the "Washington Post" rankings, UND as the nation's first 70 public universities; "Reader's Digest" said It is the nation's best 15 public universities.

UND is located in North Dakota and Minnesota at the junction - Grand Forks, typical college town. Live here, most of the staff and students, academic atmosphere thick, elegant environment, advanced facilities, campus safety. No California noise, no busy New York, in the quiet of the I, settling himself to accept nature's washing, better to concentrate on schoolwork learning.

U.S. elite stationed in Shanghai high scholarship at your fingertips - You will have to Google translate.

The piece starts out talking about how the elite universities in America (Duke, Brown, Stanford) are seeing more and more applicants, the next paragraph seems to recommend that they try UND.

UND has had a relationship with the University of Shanghai for well over a decade. They've had a series of exchanges of both students and professors. And there is even a UND Cultural Center on campus, http://und.edu/news/2011/09/culture-center-in-shanghai.cfm. I'm sure that it all adds up to UND having a pretty good reputation in Shanghai.

UND has had a relationship with the University of Shanghai for well over a decade. They've had a series of exchanges of both students and professors. And there is even a UND Cultural Center on campus, http://und.edu/news/...in-shanghai.cfm. I'm sure that it all adds up to UND having a pretty good reputation in Shanghai.

I did not know that. Interesting.

Spend any time on the west end of campus and you'll see Chinese students everywhere.

A lot of those are probably aviation students. UND has trained Chinese pilots for many, many years. I know that in the past a lot of them were from Taiwan. UND has trained a lot of pilots through the Foundation that are not regular UND students. Some of those Chinese students may fit in that category.

A lot of those are probably aviation students. UND has trained Chinese pilots for many, many years. I know that in the past a lot of them were from Taiwan. UND has trained a lot of pilots through the Foundation that are not regular UND students. Some of those Chinese students may fit in that category.

Actually, most of the Chinese aviation students at UND are here as a part of the Air China Airline program. I believe this advertisement is trying to recruit students for the chemical engineering, computer science, and business school.

Actually, most of the Chinese aviation students at UND are here as a part of the Air China Airline program. I believe this advertisement is trying to recruit students for the chemical engineering, computer science, and business school.

Air China has had a contract with the Aviation School Foundation for years. Those students, at least in the past, have not been regular UND students. Air China pays through the Foundation, which handles the money and paperwork for the Aviation School. The students come to Grand Forks and they are paid by Air China to learn to fly. Many other foreign companies and countries have had similar arrangements with the Foundation and school. A couple off the top of my head have included Turkey and Saudi Arabia. A friend of mine used to move back and forth between teaching regular UND students and foreign contract students. He said the scariest situation in his life was trying to teach a Chinese student to fly and having a plane malfunction. That student was taken out of the cockpit until his English improved (most of the time they are also taking English as a part of the pilot training.

You are right about the program mentioned above trying to increase students studying engineering, business and computer science.