SiouxSports.com Forum

Early 2013-14 Rankings

twins15

Hey all,

If you are interested, thought it would be fun to take a very early look at rankings for next year! Obviously these will change, especially since teams are still signing players, etc. But could be a fun discussion starter!

http://www.bigskybball.com/2013/05/early-2013-14-big-sky-rankings.html

Let me know what you think!

I think Weber is a step above everyody else.

Given North Dakota's senior-laden class this season, and Montana losing Cherry and Ward, I give UND the edge amongst those two.

It'll be a dog-fight after the top 3. I like Montana St., EWU, UNC, and NAU in that order to make next year's conference tourney........................

I agree with Montana, Weber and UND Top 3. How the order plays out in the end is anyone's guess. The one for sure thing that I believe could be the difference maker for either Montana or UND to overtake Weber is... getting a player that can counter Bolumboy. That kid as a freshman for Weber was an animal. He is tall, long and can leap. He scares me of what level he could take that Wildcat team to next year. Both UND and Montana are going to require a certain kind of player that will cause that kid problems...and to be honest I'm not sure either team has that player on their roster right now. Other than Jois from Eastern Washington last year- Bolumboy to me was the most talented freshman. But the cast around Bolumboy is so much better that he becomes that much more of a nightmare. Solve that question and UND will have a good chance to be in the mix at the end.

After that- I think Eastern Washington will be right in the mix, Montana State, Northern Colorado, will be in the top 6. I think NAU will be ok, but they have a lot of players stepping out and a lot of new players coming in. Russel will be a great soph. but where is the help going to come from. Sac St. I think will be interesting, they've got some nice back court pieces but I don't know what else they have. I can imagine Idaho State getting better, and Southern Utah being worse. And Portland State, no idea.