SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five

BeazSioux

Ok I have a question. We are going to the Final Five this year and have never gone before. We already have a motel locked in, but I have not reserved tickets thru TicketMaster yet. My question is do I lock it in now, or is it best to wait and see if anyone unloads later? I need 5 tickets together. Thanks.

Go SIOUX!

Ok I have a question. We are going to the Final Five this year and have never gone before. We already have a motel locked in, but I have not reserved tickets thru TicketMaster yet. My question is do I lock it in now, or is it best to wait and see if anyone unloads later? I need 5 tickets together. Thanks.

Go SIOUX!

I would recommend getting them now if you can. The only way tics become available for a "good" price later is if the gophs don't make it or UND for that matter. You also have to take into account that this is the last WCHA Final Five ever. IMO, it will be a tough ticket this year...I have been there a few times before and it is an amazing time!

I would recommend getting them now if you can. The only way tics become available for a "good" price later is if the gophs don't make it or UND for that matter. You also have to take into account that this is the last WCHA Final Five ever. IMO, it will be a tough ticket this year...I have been there a few times before and it is an amazing time!

I agree. And, those of you who don't have rooms yet you better get on it. Friends who always stay at the Crown Plaza said it was booked a couple of weeks ago. We stay at what used to be the Hilton Garden Inn; it's the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel now and I was able to get a second room a bit over a month ago.

This may be (depends on the bounce of the puck, of course) the last time we play the goofs for awhile.

Been going to the Final Five for years and it is always a great time. Other than it being the last real WCHA Final Five with UND is the fact that St. Patrick's Day won't fall during the Final Five. The years that it does adds another element to the event. In 2012 it was on Saturday, the day of the Final Five Championship. Thousands of people were wearing green, 7th was blocked off from traffic by the XCEL Energy Center, and the party went well into the night. What a great time.

The other thing to keep in mind is that for a number of years we have had a SiouxSports.com brunch on Saturday morning at Hoggsbreath, arranged by MafiaMan. The stories alone are worth attending this event.