SiouxSports.com Forum

Economic Activity in GF

GeauxSioux

I worked there for about 6 months back in 90. Not only did I not eat there once but I never even saw the inside/dining area. I worked in the kitchen. The youngest son-owner was s cool guy, his brother was an ass. The dad only new swear words in English and he used them..lol.

Are you kidding me??? This is one complete lie. Gam knows English....he's been here his whole life, guy doesn't even have an accent. You know his family (sons) are probably on here so keep it classy a$$.

Edit: Oh you're talking about the grandpa.....I didn't realize you're old. Either way they are a nice family so I'm going to leave my initial comment.

Agree. They really need to put this well away - at least 5-10 miles - from Grand Forks, not in north Grand Forks. The one to be built at Spiritwood is like 10 miles from Jamestown. It would actually be better to put is NE of Grand Forks, so any ammonia plume isn't likely to harm many people as that's not a normal wind direction, but sure that won't happen.

Will be located by the GF Sewage Lagoon & Just south of the Solid Waste Landfill. They consider this an ideal spot; level land, ready access to water (will use grey water from the lagoon), rail access, highway access, natural gas pipeline, electrical transmission line nearby. This spot has it all. It is probaby 4-5 miles from GF as the crow flies. First shovels in the ground - spring of 2015 and approx 2 yrs construction and in production 2017. Similar needs for construction @2000 trades workers for 2 years and 135 employees when up and running.

i figured there would be more long term employees, but at least this should have a pretty good wage profile, similar to crystal sugar or better. Are they going to build man-camps for some of these temp workers? That would be alot of workers for grand forks to have to absorb and then promptly lose.

i figured there would be more long term employees, but at least this should have a pretty good wage profile, similar to crystal sugar or better. Are they going to build man-camps for some of these temp workers? That would be alot of workers for grand forks to have to absorb and then promptly lose.

Depends really on how many are there at a given time. It is not like they will be there all at ounce. One crew will come and do one thing. Another this and that and so forth. Remember things are built in stages by different trades. As for a full time staff as automated as it will be the need for workers will be limited.

Will be located by the GF Sewage Lagoon & Just south of the Solid Waste Landfill. They consider this an ideal spot; level land, ready access to water (will use grey water from the lagoon), rail access, highway access, natural gas pipeline, electrical transmission line nearby. This spot has it all. It is probaby 4-5 miles from GF as the crow flies. First shovels in the ground - spring of 2015 and approx 2 yrs construction and in production 2017. Similar needs for construction @2000 trades workers for 2 years and 135 employees when up and running.

Dang good location. That land is worthless for anything else. Hence why the lagoon and landfill were built there. The use of grey water is a good thing.

With the housing market already tight in Grand Forks, could imagine next summer might bring record housing construction just in anticipation of an influx of people and higher rents for two years. If the UAS and fuel tanker missions at the Air Base get approved, construction next summer could be even higher.

Don't think that the Herald or any other news source has explained that this plant will not only make ammonia, but convert it into urea and ammonium nitrate (what blew up West, Texas). How much ammonium nitrate will be stored there and what would be the effects on buildings within a mile, five miles, and ten miles if it should blow?

http://northernplainsnitrogen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Press-Kit-Complete.pdf

Don't think that the Herald or any other news source has explained that this plant will not only make ammonia, but convert it into urea and ammonium nitrate (what blew up West, Texas). How much ammonium nitrate will be stored there and what would be the effects on buildings within a mile, five miles, and ten miles if it should blow?

http://northernplain...it-Complete.pdf

And if you mx a little ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel you get OKC.