SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Straw For Idaho?

IrishSiouxFan

This could be interesting if there is any truth to it:

@JeffCaves: Sun Belt commish Karl Benson said Jax St, Ga Southern, Liberty, App St looked into joining Sun Belt and now will explore WAC fb membership

Football by SiouxFootball on May 23, 2012 08:29:41 PM

This could be interesting if there is any truth to it:

@JeffCaves: Sun Belt commish Karl Benson said Jax St, Ga Southern, Liberty, App St looked into joining Sun Belt and now will explore WAC fb membership

Football by SiouxFootball on May 23, 2012 08:29:41 PM

Even if all 4 did join the WAC, that would only give them 6 schools spread pretty much all across the country. Not a great way to run a conference as UND saw in the Great West.

My thoughts exactly 82; but with Boise and SDSU playing football in the Big East who really knows what could happen these days. My initial fear was them making a play for the Montanas. If I were a president at one of these top FCS schools I would sit tight for now and wait and see what the four major conferences are doing because it really looks like they are trying to break away from everyone else.

I think the SunBelt wants to pick up App State, it would add a very good football program and fanbase to the conference. Unfortunately for GA Southern many schools in the Belt recruit heavily out of Georgia and wouldn't want the extra competition for talented athletes, they do have a good program and an excellent fanbase. I think it's time for Idaho to admit they screwed up by not improving their facilities and not making more bowl appearances and that it's time to come back to the Sky.

I think Idaho and the BSC will "meet in the middle".

I suspect the superconferences will ask for (spelled: demand) a new tier of DI footballl for just them. That'll leave the bottom 50 of FBS and FCS to sort things out.