SiouxSports.com Forum

Innovation Park

GeauxSioux

Icon Architects definitely gets an "A" for their 3D visualations. The one on the Innovation Park is interesting. The park would be located between Hilton Garden Inn and the Canad. I think I read that the new computer center is going to be built in that area. Will that be the cornerstone in the move toward the Canad? I'm sure that most of the proposed construction is distant future. Still.... loook pretty cool.

http://iconarchitects.com/gallery/index.html

Icon Architects definitely gets an "A" for their 3D visualations. The one on the Innovation Park is interesting. The park would be located between Hilton Garden Inn and the Canad. I think I read that the new computer center is going to be built in that area. Will that be the cornerstone in the move toward the Canad? I'm sure that most of the proposed construction is distant future. Still.... loook pretty cool.

http://iconarchitect...lery/index.html

You are correct, that's where the computer center is supposed to go. At one time I had heard that there were some discussions with a private company that also wanted to build a computer data center that would go in that area. And I believe that the people at the Center for Innovation have been working on some other projects that could go in that area. I haven't heard any definite construction dates yet, but I would think that the first building(s?) would go up either this year or next.

I'm probably the only guy that notices stuff like this, but on the main page montage video at 0:40 of 1:50 note what it says on the bottom of the banners inside the ITF.

Also, in the Innovation Park renderings there are a lot of "water features" (1:08 of 1:50). I'm wondering if that is all for show or if it's integrated into the cooling system of the computing center. (Computing centers produce a lot of heat and need somewhere to dump it.)

I'm probably the only guy that notices stuff like this, but on the main page montage video at 0:40 of 1:50 note what it says on the bottom of the banners inside the ITF.

Also, in the Innovation Park renderings there are a lot of "water features" (1:08 of 1:50). I'm wondering if that is all for show or if it's integrated into the cooling system of the computing center. (Computing centers produce a lot of heat and need somewhere to dump it.)

Obviously that was done a couple of years ago.

I believe the water features are a way to creatively use the water holding capacity that a project like this now has to account for in its design. A great example is the Choice Wellness Center project. They needed to have a certain amount of capacity to contain water runoff from large storms that runs off hard surfaces like roofs and parking lots because the storm sewers aren't designed to take all of it at one time. The Wellness Center project is large enough that they needed capacity on both ends of the property. The simple solution would have been water retention ponds on the north and south ends. Instead they are building an artificial stream that will run the entire west edge of the property. The stream will be available for canoes and kayaks in the summer and for skating or outdoor curling bonspiels in the winter. The stream will also be part of the property beautification rather than holding ponds hidden away. The park district already has water piped out to the golf course for irrigation, so they can run that water through the stream to maintain a minimum water level and to control issues like mosquito control. The water features in the Innovation Park project probably have a similar purpose.