SiouxSports.com Forum

March Madness 2012

dakotadan

VCU made the Final Four last year as one of those "play-in" teams. That and all the upsets that happened on Friday shows you how competitive college basketball is becoming.

It doesn't change the fact that not a lot of people pay attention to the play-in games. It would make more sense to me to either go back to 64 or add a full round and go to 128. Having an extra 4 teams just feels like they are putting a patch on the tournament.

It doesn't change the fact that not a lot of people pay attention to the play-in games. It would make more sense to me to either go back to 64 or add a full round and go to 128. Having an extra 4 teams just feels like they are putting a patch on the tournament.

please.... I pray they do not go to 128 teams EVER in my lifetime, (and that's a long time still). That would just water down the tournament so much. :sad: . Money talks, but hey if that ever happened Northwestern would finally get in! :p (oh wait... they would be the first team out).

I personally like the play in games, but I wish they would make the play in games for the teams that were the last 8 at large teams. Not the half and half we see right now.

Luckily the Sioux came back and beat the Gophers, or else I would really be depressed after my dukies laid an egg last night.