D1 National Championship

sprig

Who should be playing?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be playing?

• OK vs. LSU
    • OK vs. USC
    • USC vs. LSU

Doesn't matter if BCS, polls, new 'puter program, whatever, is used. One can make arguments for any two of these three teams being in the NC game. Without playoffs, the BCS is as good (or as bad) as any other system.

BTW, KRACH, which is argued to be better than RPI in hockey, would rate USC 7th, due primarily (I assume, I know little about any of the systems) to SOS. Believe the two ranked at the top by the BCS are the same two as KRACH.

Would seem that the only way a 'puter programer could get USC into this game would be to rate late season losses more important than early season losses, wide margin losses more important than narrowly losing, throwing out SOS (or making it less important), winning a conference vs. not winning, or combination of these and more.

Point is, there is no system that could be created that could properly place the right two teams (of these three) in the NC. Unless, of course, it's the system that places the two teams that YOU think should be in the NC.

Is it really necessary to say " 'puter"? To me, it makes you sound biased against them (e.g. I'm a good 'ol country boy, ain't no way i'll ever trust these new-fangeled 'puters).

I do agree that there can never be a system that is perfect for everyone. However, if we can find one that the majority agree on, then that is good enough for me.

The fact that USC lost to Cal, LSU lost to Florida, and OU lost to KState is reason enough to rank OU/LSU 1/2 (which one is which is arguable) and USC 3.

It was irrelevent that biased humans ranked USC 1 for no other reason than OU losing to KState. That is the reason we're even talking about redoing the BCS in the first place. Stupid biased human writers.

It won't really matter when Michigan beats USC.