SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on tv vs Denver

bigskyvikes

Does anyone know what channel the game is on in the Twin Cities on cable? I have the sports package but the game is showing it won't start til 9pm. Will we see it tape delayed or live?

i think it's on at 8 on FSN+ but i can't find that channel. will let you know if i find it.

I called Comcast, and surprisingly, when I went through the menu to Cable TV Technical Problems, they played a recording that said where each of the hockey games are watchable. They said the UND game is only available starting at 9pm. I didn't catch what the channel number was because I already knew it was available on FCS starting at 9:00.

According to the FSN+ schedule, though, it's supposed to be on channel 694 (assuming HD) at 8pm. I already emailed FSN to tell them their schedule is wrong and they they shouldn't publish an incorrect schedule. Or perhaps it's just Comcast's fault since it appears it's showing correctly on FSN+ in Grand Forks.

I called Comcast, and surprisingly, when I went through the menu to Cable TV Technical Problems, they played a recording that said where each of the hockey games are watchable. They said the UND game is only available starting at 9pm. I didn't catch what the channel number was because I already knew it was available on FCS starting at 9:00.

Thanks for the heads up. Go Sioux!

The more I think about it, though, if it's showing correctly on a different cable company, then it's probably Comcast's fault for not flipping a switch to turn on FSN+ on channel 694.

Agreed, fsn plus is working just fine with other providers. Glad we have Tim

For those curious, I got a response from Fox Sports North regarding the Saturday game:

The reason you did not receive the North Dakota/Denver game is because Comcast currently carries FOX Sports North PLUS on an “event only” basis. (anything bolded on the schedule is considered an event, in most cases it’s a game that is televised live) We do offer the channel to them on a full-time basis, at no additional cost, but they need to make the decision to carry it full-time like other providers have. We hope the status with Comcast changes in the near future, but in the meantime encourage you to reach out to them to express your interest in the full-time channel.

So basically, it seems that we didn't get to watch it because somebody at Comcast didn't want to flip the switch, even though it wouldn't have interuppted any other programmer, cost them any more money or cost their subscribers any more money. Pure laziness, it appears.