SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/SCSU fan social set for Saturday, October 29th

Dave Berger

Muddy Rivers sounds like a neat place; never been. I heard Whitey's is back and reopened. I loved the atmosphere the couple of times I've been been but the food wasn't so/so. I wonder if the new ownership/management will make it the place to be before games.

What do these socials entail?

Thanks for the interest! It's a shared event between SiouxSports.com and the Center Ice Club from St. Cloud State. Simply put, it's people getting together to celebrate the great sport of hockey. We talk about the rivalry, the traveling trophy, and the games. We give away door prizes, and everybody goes away happy. Oh, and it's free!

I'd love to hear from others of you who have been to one of these events in Grand Forks or St. Cloud to get other perspectives on the fan socials.

See you Saturday!

Dave

Thanks for the interest! It's a shared event between SiouxSports.com and the Center Ice Club from St. Cloud State. Simply put, it's people getting together to celebrate the great sport of hockey. We talk about the rivalry, the traveling trophy, and the games. We give away door prizes, and everybody goes away happy. Oh, and it's free!

I'd love to hear from others of you who have been to one of these events in Grand Forks or St. Cloud to get other perspectives on the fan socials.

See you Saturday!

Dave

My wife and I, 2 other Sioux fans and a couple of those Husky fans always hit this event both in GF and in The Cloud. Always a good time, and usually some decent door prizes. I did end up winning a Husky T-shirt one year at The Cloud, but later was approached by a Husky fan who happened to win a Sioux shirt and we switched prizes. Good times had by all.

We've added some sponsors... Great prizes to give away from the Red Pepper, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ralph Engelstad Arena, SiouxPride.com, Crosstown Lounge, the Fargo Force, Vaaler Insurance, Happy Joes, and collectibles from Barry's Collectors Corner, Hickey Designs, and more!

Please note that the venue (Muddy Rivers, inside the GuestHouse in downtown Grand Forks) is different from previous years.

The social runs from 3 - 6 p.m. inside the Muddy Rivers Ballroom on Saturday, October 29th, and the UND/SCSU Challenge Cup will be on display.

Muddy Rivers runs a bus to the arena and back, and there will be a Halloween party featuring the music of Downtown Horns after the game.

Please reply to this thread or send me a pm if you have any other questions about the event.

Here's to hockey! :)

Dave