SiouxSports.com Forum

SavetheFightingSioux.com

siouxfan29

Spirit Lake Committee for Understanding and Respect are still fighting to keep our Fighting Sioux Name and Logo. Visit SavetheFightingSioux.com to help them. You can donate to the fund to help them fight. Please consider helping them! They are proud of the name, why aren't you????

• Upvote 3

Nope to both. Can't say more than that.

That will be our option unless the Standing Rock gets on board, and I will win the lottery before that happens. UND is out of options. The state law was a hail mary pass to save the name and the NCAA picked off that pass. Its over. I hate to say it as I love the name and logo, but reality sets in....its over.

• Upvote 2

While the site is nice, I can’t give any money to an anonymous website. Looking on the WHOIS, I only see that they are hiding behind GoDaddy’s anonymous system. Are they affiliated with any tribe? If so, who? Are they concerned citizens? If so, then they should put your pride in public. I encourage anyone and everyone who is thinking of sending this site money to rethink it until more is known about who is running it.

While the site is nice, I can’t give any money to an anonymous website. Looking on the WHOIS, I only see that they are hiding behind GoDaddy’s anonymous system. Are they affiliated with any tribe? If so, who? Are they concerned citizens? If so, then they should put your pride in public. I encourage anyone and everyone who is thinking of sending this site money to rethink it until more is known about who is running it.

If you dont trust donating to the website then you can always contact the bank or mail a donation directly to The Committee for Understanding and Respect at Spirit Lake. Both the bank and Committees address are listed on the site as well. Call and verify it if you feel the need to have it verified.

Yes, it's the Committee for Understanding and Respect and the Spirit Lake Sioux Tribe.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope to both. Can't say more than that.

I agree with you, but that will be our fate if we keep the name at all costs. The Spirit Lake website should be called destroyundathleticsforever.com, because that is what it would do. How many alumni would keep supporting our athletic teams if we were forced to join the NAIA? Those Homecoming games vs. Mayville State and Minot State wouldn't even half fill the Alerus Center and I think you know it. And since all you care about is hockey, how would you feel if our hockey team had to switch to the CCAA (the Canadian college system) and compete against inferior competition? We could win all the CCAA titles we wanted and it wouldn't fill the void of not competing against the best of the best of the NCAA. You are clinging to a sinking ship and I for one don't plan on getting caught in the undertow. While we screw around with this, NDSU is turning the State of North Dakota into their own personal playground. We have to resolve this thing so we can focus on the Big Sky and the NCHC.