SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Pete (or anybody else out there that has a blind search receiver),

There is a Sioux home football (no Pete, not soccer - american football) game on at 1 pm this Saturday.  It's not scheduled to be on FSSN, but I'm thinking that it's worth checking to see if it will be on.  If it is on FSSN, please post on this forum the 'actual' coordinates as determined by your blind search.  If there is a coach's show this Thursday at 7 pm, the coordinates could be confirmed then as well.  Anybody know whether a coach's show will be on this Thursday?

Another question:  The REA site mentions an 'allocated bandwidth' of 9.000 MHz.  Is this somehow related to the symbol rate, meaning maybe a symbol rate of 9,000?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm going to scan G3 on Thursday night just to see if there is a coach's show

Yes, the 9.000 is the Symbol Rate

Here is from the press release about TV...

Fighting Sioux on TV: WDAZ-TV (Ch. 8) and the Fighting Sioux Sports Network will televise one home game in 2004, the Homecoming/Hall of Fame tilt against

Minnesota Duluth on Oct. 16.

The Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN) covers Midcontinent Cable systems in North Dakota and Minnesota. The Midcontinent Cable telecast can be seen on Channel 23 in Grand Forks. Check local listings for the FSSN channel numbers in your area.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

No biggie. I enjoy listening to the radio.

I'm just happy that more WCHA games will be on. It's a little rough picking what games to watch on Friday nights sometimes, but now I have a three room system. With VCRs. Looks like my winter weekends will be loaded with college hockey. :p

Dave K.

The two systems would have to be completely independent of each other, apart from sharing the same grounding point. You need a new 30" dish and a new run of RG6 coax to the receiver, as for the set up, if you have ever done a DirecTV install, its a little bit harder but loads of people manage to get them set up, if the worst comes to the worst an installer with Ku experience can help you aim the dish. Plus I am only a phone call or e-mail away for advice and setup help.

Cant wait!

• Upvote 1

I'm going to scan G3 on Thursday night just to see if there is a coach's show

Did you ever get this? I just moved from Colorado to Minneapolis and was never able to watch the coaches show down there due to scheduling conflicts and would like to catch it now. What time is it on?

Yes thank you!  Printed and ready!

Can't wait!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now hopefully they are right, because they contradict the ralph site

12000 H 4880-what I got

12000 V 9000-ralph site

On Saturday, somebody should post what they scanned it as :D

Does anyone know why Joe Sensor's in Bloomington, MN will not have tonights game on their satelite system? For us Sioux fans in Minneapolis, Sensors is basically The Ralph South on weekend nights. They carried all the games they could last year.

They said that UND changed the satelite coordinates a couple of weeks ago, and now they will need to get new dishes installed. Couldn't they just reposition the existing dishes? For you satelite installers, you might be able to get some work if you can fix their problem. Give them a call at 952-835-1191. Please!!!

They said that UND changed the satelite coordinates a couple of weeks ago, and now they will need to get new dishes installed.  Couldn't they just reposition the existing dishes?  For you satelite installers, you might be able to get some work if you can fix their problem.  Give them a call at 952-835-1191.  Please!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our cable company that carries FSSN had the game scheduled until yesterday, at which time they said the same thing. THe game will not be on FSSN tonight out here.