SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

• 4 weeks later...
whoa...we lost 2 pages here ;)

Now I know it ain't hockey, but there's basketball on the FSSN this weekend

12/2 at 7:00

12/3 at 6:00

Cool, I got my Satellite last night, I just hope I can get it installed in time for the weekend. It doesn't seem all that difficult, but I am bound to screw it up and have trouble figuring out where I went wrong.

Yep. If you give us your zip code we can give you all the angles you need. Mainly your true south satellite! (Zenith) After setting that up everything should fall into place. Its imperative the mast is plumb and level with a motorized system. In fact I always recommend you set up the system and find and store your true south satellite before adding the motor at all. Best to walk before you run.

(Also let us know what receiver, LNBF and motor)

Edited by Psb

cool. I've worked with Sadoun a few times...real good company to work with.

PSB (Pete) has the numbers for the motor. Basically the motor elevation you set to the same as your latitude. As an example, here in MN we're at 45 latitude, so the motor gets set for 45. So whatever your latitude is, thats what the motor gets set to

The dish elevation is lower than if it was fixed. Thats the number I don't have handy

Edited by iceberg

Does the motor arm need to be set at 0 degrees when the Satellite is being installed? The motor arm on the dish is at something like 10 degrees and I am not sure how to move it back to zero or 1.15 according to the instruction books calculations.

I'm confused what you're asking

the motor should be at 0 when you install it...it sahuld come with the motor at 0

the elevation meter on the motor should be the same as your latitude

The motor came in the back at 10 degree's. I am not sure but I think I have to hook it up to the receiver in order to zero it. The problem is that my instruction book tells me different than what I have seen online. I have the elevation thing figured out, well I guess we will see when I get the dist up which isn't going to happen at least until Saturday.

Here are all the angles to satellites in your area, with a FIXED dish without a motor. Still think its a good idea to find and store your true south satellite before adding the motor!

Rosharon, TX 77583

Latitude 29

Edited by Psb

According to the chart in the instruction manual my Elevation should be 41.5 degree's, is that wrong?

yes

When you use the motor, your motor elevation is the same as your latitude

Wehn its a fixed system, the numbers Pete (PSB) gave above are right (56 elevation)

yes

When you use the motor, your motor elevation is the same as your latitude

Wehn its a fixed system, the numbers Pete (PSB) gave above are right (56 elevation)

Well apparently I had the dish elevation correct, so maybe it will not be as diffecult as I thought. I am even a little apprehensive about how I should run the cable into my house without doing to much damage to the house, or myself.

Well apparently I had the dish elevation correct, so maybe it will not be as diffecult as I thought. I am even a little apprehensive about how I should run the cable into my house without doing to much damage to the house, or myself.

There are flat coax cables that will let you run the coax through windows and doors, I would also make sure you run it through a surge protector, the kind that are for satellite/cable coax since.

lucked out...you have a true south

G3 (where the Sioux were last year) ;)

As Pete noted, try to get it with a fixed dish first beofre adding the motor...elevation is 56 for the fixed system

So I have been trying to get the signal without the motor on the unit, but am having no luck. The receiver I have just jumps from reading 0% to 6% no matter where the dish is pointed. I think part of the problem is the elevation on the dish isn't clear. The markings are fine, but I don't have anything to line up with the degree marking to let me know the dish is actually at the correct elevation. The bracket the hold the dish at elevation is about the size of my pinky and covers the degree markings meaning I could be off by as much as 10 degree's easily. I really want to watch the games this weekend, but things aren't looking to good right now.

What is more sensitive Elevation or Azimuth?

The Fortec dishes have an elevation red marking by the bolts you would tighhten to get elevation.

make sure the settings are right in the unit. Since the LNB is a Universal, make sure the settings are set for Univaersal and not standard

I dont have a Fortec, but the screen should say

Universal 1

9750/10600 for the LO frequency

make sure you are on the right transponder (the one I noted above) and aim the dish straight south. I'm in MN so G3 is almost south for me.

Put the elevation close to what Pete has above (I cant see what it is right now since I'm replying)

key word when you aim is S L O W L Y move the dish back and forth...if you aim it south, you shouldnt have to move it back and forth much..maybe a couple inches or so

If you get nothing, try to move the elevation up or down and retry. Once you get a blip then you know you're in the ballpark and can really fine tune it ;)