SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

PSB,

cant find anything now.  more specifically, the Blind search finds something at the Vertical location posted earlier, but lists it as scrambled....so no nothing.

did I miss something in the off season?  any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coordinates are Galaxy 3C, frequency 12001, polarity vertical, symbol rate 4880. I have it on right now. Signal strength 69, quality 55

I'm not having luck with these coordinates.  We're still supposed to be using the same satellite as last year, correct?  (i.e. - the one that broadcasts CCTV).  Am blind scanning with both vertical and horizontal, but getting no sioux hockey...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Try inputting coordinates manually.

We are not having luck, either. We have tried

12000 /H /04880

12000 /V /04880

12001 /V /04880

blind scan search several times (takes >5 minutes)

When we try the vertical ones, we get a pretty high "signal strength," quality 32%, then when we say GO, it doesn't find a TV signal.

Any suggestions? What made you try frequency 12,001?

I am at a friend's house. They successfully watched Sioux hockey last year.

Pete or anyone...

How do I put in the cooridinates manually... I always just did a blind scan last year and it came up... can someone walk me through it from "power on" to seeing the game... please!

PS - Pete. This is Harvey in Lakeville. I am moving and will need you to remount/position me dish in the coming weeks. You can call me at 612-202-9156 and pick a time that is good for you.

On my Satwork 3688 it scans in at

V

Its breaking up somewhat, if you are getting CCTV-4 and CCTV-9 then it is nothing to do whis the dish or the install, its just not catching the channel because the quality is so low? I am still at 35 % quality, breaking up, same satellite as last year G3C.

• Upvote 1

What receiver do you have! It should be in the manual, you need to go to TP manager and enter the above coordinates, but the quality tonight is the worst I have seen for a while, just as well its a clear night or we would have no chance!

Best to just keep blind scanning and if the quality rises it will land on the channel. What quality have you got on the CCTV channels?

I dont have 3618 in front of me and I usually just do blind scans with it, I gave my 3618 to a Sioux fan to watch the game tonight as he had a D.O.A receiver!

I have the 3688 now.

• Upvote 1

Could you gleem any info on why the signal quality is so low tonight? They need to kick up the power notch!

I just got a new LNBF and all my other signals are better, just this one causing trouble : (

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting anything either. ??? I was able to get the games last year but not tonight. I'm not even getting the CCTV channels tonight. I had them last week when I checked out the system and they were fine. This afternoon they were there but no pic/sound. Now they don't even come up after the blind scan.

We are not having luck, either.  We have tried

12000 /H /04880

12000 /V /04880

12001 /V /04880

blind scan search several times (takes >5 minutes)

When we try the vertical ones, we get a pretty high "signal strength," quality 32%, then when we say GO, it doesn't find a TV signal.

Any suggestions?  What made you try frequency 12,001?

I am at a friend's house.  They successfully watched Sioux hockey last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you get CCTV? What is the signal quality? I get CCTV at quality 82 and FSSN at quality 55. If you can't get CCTV you be able to get FSSN. Maybe you dish needs to be peaked. If it a little off with the FSSN signal quality so low, you may not be able to lock in.

I'm not getting anything either.  ???  I was able to get the games last year but not tonight.  I'm not even getting the CCTV channels tonight.  I had them last week when I checked out the system and they were fine.  This afternoon they were there but no pic/sound.  Now they don't even come up after the blind scan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must not be on the satellite if you're unable to get CCTV. Also you may want to check the position of your LNB as if it is rotated out of position that will also cause you to lose those frequencies or channels. Just a thought and hope it works.

I'm afraid I have to give up. by tinkering with frequency and symbol rates I manged to get "something", but way too choppy and pixelated to even think about watching it. I get CCTV at a high level, and Sioux at 33 to 34....but again not enough. Last season, I was never over 40 and had no problems (did have to re-scan a couple times, but once found I had a solid picture)

would moving to an 85cm dish help?

thank you internet radio and thank you to psb for offering up suggestions and general help. time for pints.

A bigger dish and a lower noise LNBF will help with low signals, if thats the only problem that is going on tonight! I am sure a few dish are slightly out of whack not being used for a year, I have a motorized system and I moved the dish a notch or two and I got the quality from 35 to 36 and it certanly helped slightly, Iceberg is reporting very bad quality level on his system where it is also breaking up, I am sure he will have something to say here first thing Monday morning, not a happy camper "never had a problem last year"

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid I have to give up.  by tinkering with frequency and symbol rates I manged to get "something", but way too choppy and pixelated to even think about watching it.  I get CCTV at a high level, and Sioux at 33 to 34....but again not enough.  Last season, I was never over 40 and had no problems (did have to re-scan a couple times, but once found I had a solid picture)

would moving to an 85cm dish help? 

thank you internet radio and thank you to psb for offering up suggestions and general help.  time for pints.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the 85cm dish and it isn't helping me tonight. The bottom line is that we got it last year, so the difference is with the broadcast. Hopefully they can troubleshoot this soon.

I've got 3 receivers and it scanend in as

12000 V 4880

I was so stoked...first college hockey game of the year

and it scanned in at................

32 quality on my Pansat 1500

30 on the Satowrk 3618

18 on my Viacast

It was stable for the first period

then got worse in the 2nd...dropeed to around 25

third period I gave up as I saw more of "BAD CHANNEL" than the game

CCTV was at 94, so it wasnt the dish

Had a motorized and a fixed. The fixed was at 95. I tried the motorized, same thing.

I was only able to watch the third period live, but it was very pixelated with several audio drops on the cable version of FSSN.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched the whole game on cable on FSSN. The 1st period was fine, the 2nd period was unwatchable with the problem described by Fedorov, and the 3rd period was a mixed bag. I don't think the problem was with satellite, the problem was with the broadcast.

I watched the whole game on cable on FSSN.  The 1st period was fine, the 2nd period was unwatchable with the problem described by Fedorov, and the 3rd period was a mixed bag.  I don't think the problem was with satellite, the problem was with the broadcast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok...so it isnt all of our equipment if the cable version was just as bad.

still sucks that I couldnt see it...I was stoked to watch college hockey...only to see 2/3 of it ???

Our cable company carries FSSN, and, although they had the game in the online schedule for the past two weeks, on Friday put up a notice that the game would not on our cable TV since some changes were made at the REA on Friday that would forego the broadcast this weekend.

Emailed the REA's cable guy, "Chris", and he returned my email saying it was news to him and he'd check with my cable co (NCC at Ray) to help them get things right.

After all the problems all of you had, satellite and midco cable viewers, seems that something unusual was going on at GF.