SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

• 3 weeks later...

When I tuned in to last nights (Thurs. 01/29/04) Sioux satellite program I got sound but had no picture, I done a blind search and my receiver found the new location and data, just a heads up in case everyone tunes in tonight and they miss the first 10minutes doing a blind search..........Go Sioux (That was a clear goal last week)

• Upvote 1

I got mine to work by setting the receiver back to the default setings. Basically erasing all the stored channels I think. Did another blind search after that and now it is GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the help. resetting to default, then typing in the coordinates on manual brought it in. missed the first period, but I can still get 67% more Sioux Hockey that before.

was it homer simpson who said "de fault, my favorite 2 words"... or something like that.

Sorry I missed you I got caught up in the game, (Then the Simpsons on AMC5)Glad to hear you got it in the end, I lost the picture once or twice for a moment during the game again tonight but then it came back right away. All the receiver brands seem to be slightly out of Freq. to each other its just the way the factory/s sets them (the type of lnb is also a factor). If in doubt default, and blind search ( you might even come across some new channels), cant wait for tomorrow night, more of the same will do.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else have problems with a clear picture on the satelite tonight? Mostly in the second and third period.

No problems for me, it was crystal clear. I had the same problem that psb had, but I did a new TP search and got both video and audio for the second half of last night's broadcast of Sioux Illustrated. At the time I thought it was just my receiver that had experienced an 'anomaly'. Apparently that was not the case. I also noticed in this week's weekly e-mailing from the Ralph they did not give the satellite coordinates as they have without fail previously, which I remember thinking at the time was odd.

I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. All I had to do was turn on my receiver and wait for the feed to come up and the channel was on. I didn't have to do a blind search or any of that, and I never lost the signal at all. Although, I'm curious to know what caused you guys to lose the signal.

On a side note, I thought it was a great game and I'm hoping for a similar result tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you getting the CCTV channels? I am all good here, turned on and the pre game show is on, the problems I had a few weeks ago was a snow build up on my garage roof : ) I would do a re-scan if I were you, blind search if you have it! I put in a Sioux system today! We done a blind scan and there was a live medical operation on! YEECH! Let me know if anyone needs help with tonights game, GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

I am looking at getting a little satellite dish to get the home sioux games, just curious, is there anything else worth watching with the little dish when the sioux aren't on? just wondering if it aimed at teh satellite that has the sioux on if there is any other channels worth a darn that come through.