SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Radio Broadcast Frozen Four

IRONSIOUXMAN

I am a Sioux fan and a fan of Fighting Sioux radio broadcaster Tim H. I understand he has health issues, so get well Tim we missed you. But I have one comment that "GRINDS MY GEARS".

During Thursday's radio broadcast at the Frozen Four on the Fighting Sioux Radio Network in which Fans, Alumni, and Friends of Fighting Sioux Hockey are listening from across the United States, and the replacement broadcast guys during the second intermission interview a couple of people not associated with UND and affiliated with the rodents. Where was Tim O'Keefe when you need him. At least Mr O'Keefe would interview a former Sioux player, a Sioux fan, a parent of a Sioux player or someone that is associated with UND in some way. Is that all you could come up with, Paul R and Chris H, what were you thinking lining this up?

I am done ranting.

SM, GF

I think Tim is one of the best in the buisness, I was listening to a hockey radio guy to another unnamed program in the earlier game I had to turn him off because I couldn't listen to him anymore.

I love the way that Tim calls a game, he paints a very good picture of the game.

I share your same thoughts. Tim Hennessy is a great broadcaster. But doesn't the thought of interviewing a Gopher and talking about the Gophers on a Fighting Sioux broadcast bother anyone. Was Tony Hrkac or Ed Belfour available (i don't know if either were at the Frozen Four), or John Noah, Reg Morelli, Brad Bombadier, Nick the Sioux Fan fighting cancer,................ I am done ranting.

I share your same thoughts. Tim Hennessy is a great broadcaster. But doesn't the thought of interviewing a Gopher and talking about the Gophers on a Fighting Sioux broadcast bother anyone. Was Tony Hrkac or Ed Belfour available (i don't know if either were at the Frozen Four), or John Noah, Reg Morelli, Brad Bombadier, Nick the Sioux Fan fighting cancer,................ I am done ranting.

Hennessy is the best! I'm sure Tim would have found a Fighting Sioux to interview. I'm sure there were many former players around at the FF.

Lee Goren was in house during the weekend. He would have been a great candidate. He was a stud in college for UND and was huge part of a title team. However, his name rarely gets mentioned lately, so he would have been a great candidate.

I was at the game so I didn't get to listen (sounds like a good thing), but I'm hoping Tim H gets back in the booth ASAP.

• 9 months later...

I am not done ranting. Wally Shaver's true colors and thoughts come out during the Minnesota series Jan14. He talks down the whole Fighting Sioux Hockey Program, and insults the University of North Dakota. This is the same guy that the Fighting Sioux radio broadcast team gave on-air time to at April 2011's Frozen Four. WOW. (see my first post on this thread)

Scott Grand Forks

I am not done ranting. Wally Shaver's true colors and thoughts come out during the Minnesota series Jan14. He talks down the whole Fighting Sioux Hockey Program, and insults the University of North Dakota. This is the same guy that the Fighting Sioux radio broadcast team gave on-air time to at April 2011's Frozen Four. WOW. (see my first post on this thread)

Scott Grand Forks

Shaver is a clown

I'm done with Shaver and Minnesota, bring on the Super League!

Blood's performance last weekend was excellent and one for the ages. After watching Fighting Sioux hockey for 40 years, that was one of the best examples of Sioux grit and stepping up with your team needs it, I've seen. Too bad on the handshake, but we all know that is not his nature to lose his cool. If it was Zach Jones, I wouldn't have been that surprised (we love Zach, but he had his moments).

Knight's play is also to be appreciated. He was obviously hurt, but stuck it out.