SiouxSports.com Forum

Twin Cities Viewing Party?

HopHead

I got this information because I contacted Pitt State. The game will be on Satellite.

This is from Programming at KSN.

Galaxy 3

KU Band Digital

Transponder 15

Slot A

11981 Horizontal

In DVB Mode

Assemble rate is 4.88

FEC is 3/4

mpeg program #1 or Channel #1

AC3 Dolby Audio

He did say they receiver must be digital capable.

UND is starting to really piss me off. I have been calling and emailing all week to find out if the game would be on Satellite. Trying to get coordinates so I could attempt to organize something in Houston. They finally release the information Thursday evening! UND needs to get there crap together. :glare:

UND is starting to really piss me off.  I have been calling and emailing all week to find out if the game would be on Satellite.  Trying to get coordinates so I could attempt to organize something in Houston.  They finally release the information Thursday evening!  UND needs to get there crap together.  :glare:

I understand your frustration, but at the risk of sounding like an athletic department apologist, I believe they made a conscious choice to not release TV information until Thursday so as to avoid hurting ticket sales as much as possible. Obviously, for somebody in your situation, attending the game probably isn't an option. But I imagine they decided it was better to inform everybody at once as opposed to picking and choosing who they would inform of the TV situation and who they wouldn't. I'm not saying whether it was right or wrong, but I suspect that was the rationale for you not getting a straight answer.

I understand that to a point, but this type of crap has gone on at UND for a long time. The athletic department, along with the school is not nearly as well run as they would like everyone to think. PR Garbage!

Would it be possible to sell it as a blackout event. If it doesn't sell out, or reach a certain number of tickets sold the game would be a blackout in Grand Forks. I think they could sell the tickets that way and keep everyone informed.