SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Entrance

UND33

You know maybe we are whining, but it sure seems like the students who have to put up with every hassle.

What's with all this "we" stuff? Are you even a student anymore? :0

What's the big deal? Get there before warm-ups and you won't have to deal with lines. For crying in the beer, we used to have to wait in line for 2-3 hours as recently as last year to get the seats I've got now, and that was in negative temperatures at times. Students are doing all this complaining about losing tradition from the old arena because REA officials apparently have it in for students, and yet there are only a handful of students who make it to the game in time for warm-ups now (except the people in the upper bowl who still have to wait in line). Who's going to heckle the players during warm-ups if nobody is in the lower bowl? Who's going to help create the intimidating atmosphere that was present at 5:30 every night last year? Don't think opposing teams weren't impressed when they saw 1,000 rabid hockey fans running to their seats a full 2 hours before the game with nothing better to do than taunt them. Now all they see is that the student section looks no different than the rest of the arena, with most people showing up at or just a little after game time. :silly:

I think I just grew up.

i understand where you are coming from but your ticket prices don't compare to the rip off that the rest of the seats are. not only are season seats 6 times as expensive you also have to add on the club fees. yes college hockey is about college and the students but waiting in line is a small price to pay. Besides, no more lining up two days starting at 4 in the afternoon.

I wasn't suggesting that students should have to use only one door, but only noting that many handicapped folks are being directed to that lot.

They will naturally use the nearest door and I believe they should be allowed to do so.

There is no one that wants the handicapped people to go to a different door. The issue is with all the other people using the student entrance. Students are walking from all directions because they do not have parking permits for REA, thus if we have to walk to one door, others should too.

I agree that a lot of atmosphere was lost when the lower bowl was sold as season tickets...I was out there everyweekend last year at 4 or in some cases 10am for the gopher series. I guess my only point is that the students are treated like we dont matter, we get notes telling us to essentially sit down and shut up, we are told we can only go to the one door, they decide where we will sit, when we will stand, and there is nothing we can do about any of it because if we say anything we get the always present threat of having our seats taken away.

*however I am now done "whining" cause isnt that what we call it when anyone under 25 expresses an opinion or point of view.

I agree that a lot of atmosphere was lost when the lower bowl was sold as season tickets...I was out there everyweekend last year at 4 or in some cases 10am for the gopher series.  I guess my only point is that the students are treated like we dont matter, we get notes telling us to essentially sit down and shut up, we are told we can only go to the one door, they decide where we will sit, when we will stand, and there is nothing we can do about any of it because if we say anything we get  the always present threat of having our seats taken away.

This is good discussion.

*however I am now done "whining" cause isnt that what we call it when anyone under 25 expresses an opinion or point of view.

This is whining.

Think how grumpy we'll all be when we hit our 60's. We come here and p^ss and moan about all sorts of stuff. What will happen if this kind of stuff happens when were old farts...

Probably complain about the damn students! :silly:

I think this is much ado about nothing. When I do go up for games, I usually arrive early so that I can watch warm-ups while listening to Tim H.'s pregame. Sometimes, though, on Friday's games, because I have to drive a few hundred miles in order to get to the game, I get there late and can't make the warm-ups. Such was the case last Friday. Since the lot for my parking pass is just South of the student entrance, I usually just go in there. There happened to be a long line there on this occasion, so I went to the main entrance, where the line was much longer. As it turned out, I would have probably done better at the student entrance, so the complaint that the students have a long line to deal with while everyone else can just waltz in would seem to be without merit.