SiouxSports.com Forum

Jake Brandt

dagies

First off Zig will be around for All 4 years and so will HIS fan club cheering him on proudly....next, rumor has it Blais is not the best coach when it comes to goalies. He likes to play "head" games and doesnt really have faith in any of his goalies. He wont say whos starting til 2 mins til game time and one goalie will play headless on a friday nite and not dress saturday. However, I like what he did last weekend, Brandt let in a weird, weak goal and Blais still played him Saturday. Last year he wouldve not even dressed Brandt, I think Blaiser needs to put his faith in a goalie and let him play headless some nites and get rocked other nites, if he does get rocked Bo and ZPar will each put 3 in the net and Sioux will still win 7-6.

Not that it matters but, didn't NZ originally "walk on"? I didn't think he had a scholorship until Siembida left. I could be wrong though.

He was recruited by Duluth and CC, but dreamed of playing for UND, therefore, he commited to UND and was provided scholarship money once he commited. It is a matter of semantics, but I don't think he is considered a walk-on.

In the true sense of the word, walk-ons either show up for practice, notify the coach that they want to play for a school or are invited to try out by the coach. If they make the team, they generally play their first year without scholarship money, which is not the case with Ziggy.

Ziggy's situation could be more easily equated with Prpich's from last year - a late summer recruit rather than Foyt who showed up, tried out and made the team.

Ziggy is the most down-to-earth, quiet, humble person you could ever encounter. He probably couldn't care less whether he was considered a walk-on or not, he is just proud to be wearing the green and white.

Brandt is an awesome goalie. He's doing way better this year than he did last year.

Does anybody ever notice how much Parise likes to skate around on the ice? It freaks me out and almost gives me a heart attack whenever he's not around his net. He'll be out in the middle of the ice. I think he's still a good goal tender though and I wish they would play him more. They should play Ziggy more too, I always feel sorry for Ziggy whenever he doesn't get to play because he's only played once this year.

Brandt is an awesome goalie. He's doing way better this year than he did last year.

Does anybody ever notice how much Parise likes to skate around on the ice? It freaks me out and almost gives me a heart attack whenever he's not around his net. He'll be out in the middle of the ice. I think he's still a good goal tender though and I wish they would play him more. They should play Ziggy more too, I always feel sorry for Ziggy whenever he doesn't get to play because he's only played once this year.

Parise doesn't come out of his net more than any other goalie I've noticed. It's necessary for a goaltender to come out every once and a while. As long as he handles the puck better than Patrick Roy...it's all good.

Parise doesn't come out of his net more than any other goalie I've noticed. It's necessary for a goaltender to come out every once and a while. As long as he handles the puck better than Patrick Roy...it's all good.

Patrick Roy? Umm... He's Gretzky compared to Curtis Joseph as far as stick handling is concerned.

Patrick Roy? Umm... He's Gretzky compared to Curtis Joseph as far as stick handling is concerned.

Nobody is as bad as Roy when it comes to handling the puck...yes, CuJo needs to stay in that blue area too, but has he ever given up 2 goals in one PLAYOFF game, because he tried to handle it? It would be nice if they could handle it like Marty Brodeur...he could go pretty far if he wanted to (I'm still waiting for him to stick handle around Darius Kasparitis and score...mark my words, it'll happen)

Nobody is as bad as Roy when it comes to handling the puck...yes, CuJo needs to stay in that blue area too, but has he ever given up 2 goals in one PLAYOFF game, because he tried to handle it? It would be nice if they could handle it like Marty Brodeur...he could go pretty far if he wanted to (I'm still waiting for him to stick handle around Darius Kasparitis and score...mark my words, it'll happen)

You didn't watch the Anaheim vs Detroit series last year did you?

Many Detroit fans were calling for him to be traded. It's too bad. CuJo is a pretty solid goalie otherwise. He's not Roy or Hasek, but respectable. Hard to believe I'm saying this about a Badger.