SiouxSports.com Forum

NDAHA Spring Hockey

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe better if the teams were picked on merit and not whose parents who have not already maxed out their credit cards..

As always lomack, thanks for adding such upbeat and thoughtful comments. You're always such a breath of fresh air on here. Sarcasm intended.

It must really stink to be you!

• Upvote 2

I don't have any kids playing hockey so there goes your thesis. The Chicago Showcase has always been made up of kids whose parents would pay their way and not on ability.

I don't believe it was a "thesis." A rebuttal to your opinion maybe, but not a thesis.

Is it your"hypothesis" then that talent takes a secondary role to money on the teams playing in Chicago?

I don't believe it was a "thesis." A rebuttal to your opinion maybe, but not a thesis.

Is it your"hypothesis" then that talent takes a secondary role to money on the teams playing in Chicago?

Yes because from talking with parents of kids who play hockey over the years this is where my hypothesis came from. A few of these people's kids have gone on to play D1 hockey and they all have considered the showcase a joke based on the selection process.

Are there expenses? Does someone have to pay them? Will NDAHA pay them?

Well, the answers to the above are yes, yes, and no.

So if NDAHA can fill a roster with mommy and daddy picking up the tab, that's what they'll do.

Daryl and John said it best when they said, " ... you can rely on the old man's money, you can rely on the old man's money ... "

Are there expenses? Does someone have to pay them? Will NDAHA pay them?

Well, the answers to the above are yes, yes, and no.

So if NDAHA can fill a roster with mommy and daddy picking up the tab, that's what they'll do.

Daryl and John said it best when they said, " ... you can rely on the old man's money, you can rely on the old man's money ... "

Hence the point of my arguement.

Just found the weekend results from the USA Hockey website.

The North Dakota Starz U14 team finished 3rd in the 2A division of their tournament in Williamsville, NY.

The North Dakota Starz U16 team finished 1st in the 1A division of their tournament in Reston, VA.

Congrats to both teams on a pair of great tournaments and even better representation of the state of North Dakota.

Links to some news articles about each tournament:

North Dakota Starz U14

North Dakota Starz U16