SiouxSports.com Forum

WOW

gfhockey

I havent really followed d2 too much since we left it but WOW either augastana has gotten better or GVSU has gotten a lto worse. SCore is 38-6 AUGIE start of the 4th. I cant believe my eyes. We never ever beat GVSU by a margin of that score much less beat them. ( i think only twice)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We beat GVSU 17-14 in the 2001 D-II National Championship game and 19-15 in the 2004 D-II Quarterfinals in the Alerus Center (the last really big home game for our program). It looks like "Tradition doesn't graduate" isn't what it used to be. ;)

I would love GVSU to move up so we can get some payback on these guys. I just hope our program is decent by the time that happens.

I know they have a new head coach this year. Other than that, I'll have to defer to RD17 to explain why they seem to have fallen so far compared to the past decade.

Nobody stays on top forever. Everyone else works hard to catch up and will give you their "A" game every time. The law of averages always wins in the end.

Nobody stays on top forever. Everyone else works hard to catch up and will give you their "A" game every time. The law of averages always wins in the end.

It's still surprising that they would get smoked by a program with 20-something scholarships and no history of playoff success.

It's still surprising that they would get smoked by a program with 20-something scholarships and no history of playoff success.

Good point. I think Augustana is getting better D-II players because all the competition for those players (UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD) have moved up to DI FCS and are targeting different athletes and are recruiting more nationally than they used to. Add to that the fact that Augie is far enough away from the Minnesota D-II programs to have an edge in landing local kids and the quality of education you can get there and it's not all that surprising that they are having more success than they used to.