SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UNO

AZSIOUX

The guy beside me had a real one and a drumstick to pound on it. I brought ear plugs and used them, but the end of the second period I couldn't take any more. We had to move before my head split. A UNO fan from several rows behind us caught up to me on the concourse and said how impressed they were that we lasted two periods in those seats. He said those seats are usually empty by 5 minutes into the game because of that cowbell. The UNO fans around him don't like it either.

We have the same seats for tonight, but will not even start there.

Well, swing by Section 123, Row 17, Seat 16 sometime!

I'd love to sit near or next to some Sioux fans... though I doubt it.

Tonight should be about the same, maybe a bit less.

Huskers have a huge game tonight against A&M.

The guy beside me had a real one and a drumstick to pound on it. I brought ear plugs and used them, but the end of the second period I couldn't take any more. We had to move before my head split. A UNO fan from several rows behind us caught up to me on the concourse and said how impressed they were that we lasted two periods in those seats. He said those seats are usually empty by 5 minutes into the game because of that cowbell. The UNO fans around him don't like it either.

We have the same seats for tonight, but will not even start there.

At some point isn't that worth bringing to the attention of the usher? Seems like that's over the top.

I forgot one thing:

It appears they have two fans that come to every Friday night game in Omaha that do some sort of comedic dance thing every intermission. Qwest does a "Dance" for the Jumbotron thing.... I can't remember if there is a prize associated with it or not. One was two rows behind me and the other was elsewhere, I can't remember.

I truly believe they were planted by Qwest or UNO (or both) to promote the event because they seemed almost TOO Choreographed with the music and had a routine and everything.

Regardless, though, it was hilarious and a fresh take on stale intermission routines.