SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Intro Video?

7Sioux74Blues

Wasn't sure if the hockey area was the right area to post this but hopefully it works...

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a video that UND has shown at the beginning of hockey games (and football I believe, not sure about basketball) that talks about the Sioux name? I think it starts out with "UND chose the Fighting Sioux nickname because the Sioux warriors were courageous...etc" or something along those lines.

The reason I ask is because I'm a Fr. in college at NDSU (I know, I know! I was born and raised in GF and I love the Sioux but UND didn't have the degree I was going into so I had to go a little South. Don't worry though I still rep my Sioux gear here!) and for my persuasive speech for Comm110 I'm going to talk about why UND should be able to keep the nickname. I would like the use the video I'm trying to find as a presentational aid for the speech.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps,

David

Wasn't sure if the hockey area was the right area to post this but hopefully it works...

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a video that UND has shown at the beginning of hockey games (and football I believe, not sure about basketball) that talks about the Sioux name? I think it starts out with "UND chose the Fighting Sioux nickname because the Sioux warriors were courageous...etc" or something along those lines.

The reason I ask is because I'm a Fr. in college at NDSU (I know, I know! I was born and raised in GF and I love the Sioux but UND didn't have the degree I was going into so I had to go a little South. Don't worry though I still rep my Sioux gear here!) and for my persuasive speech for Comm110 I'm going to talk about why UND should be able to keep the nickname. I would like the use the video I'm trying to find as a presentational aid for the speech.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps,

David

David,

I do believe a video of that exists. It may be cell phone video but I believe there is a video.

I will do some searching and try post it for you. I will always help a fellow sioux fan regardless of your university affiliation.

Wow, that's perfect ChadR. Thank you a lot!

Thank you too, ticklethetwine, for starting to help as well.

Do either of you, or anyone else, know if this video is played at the beginning of all sporting events or just select events? I know I've seen it at football and hockey games but not sure about basketball.

Do either of you, or anyone else, know if this video is played at the beginning of all sporting events or just select events? I know I've seen it at football and hockey games but not sure about basketball.

I have seen it for sure at Hockey and football games not so sure about the others.

Good luck on your speech.

The Betty doesn't have a video scoreboard, but I have heard them read the script over the PA system. They more than likely do the same for some other sports.

I gave a speech a few years ago regarding the Sioux name and I was given the first perfect score on a speech the instructor had ever given out. I think once again if you can show people the honor and symbolism within the logo people look at the nickname and logo differently. I know my instructor and classmates did.

Read/Shown at every home sporting event as mandated by former President Kendall Baker..I don't remember the year that it was, but if you know anyone at UND or if anyone on here would like to check....it talks about it in the Presidents Room at the Memorial Union on campus. Baker's photo is on the north side of the room.

Once again, thanks a lot everybody.

axnecorl, if you want to post the video you have that would be fine, but the one ChadR posted will work great, too.

Since this is turning into my speech page, lol, I might as well ask if any of you if you know where I could get a quick article or two about the financial effects of retiring the Sioux name? It's only a subpoint of one of my main points so I don't need a whole lot but I would like to talk about the REA and removing of all the Sioux logos as I remember reading awhile back how that would cost millions of dollars, and also about how else the school would be losing money (less donations or anything else).

Once again, thanks a lot everybody.

axnecorl, if you want to post the video you have that would be fine, but the one ChadR posted will work great, too.

Since this is turning into my speech page, lol, I might as well ask if any of you if you know where I could get a quick article or two about the financial effects of retiring the Sioux name? It's only a subpoint of one of my main points so I don't need a whole lot but I would like to talk about the REA and removing of all the Sioux logos as I remember reading awhile back how that would cost millions of dollars, and also about how else the school would be losing money (less donations or anything else).

I don't have the exact numbers, but if you go to THIS WEBSITE. It might have some details....it is the UND nickname website from UND. I thought the Almuni Association had some things on their website, but i can't find it right now. Their website can be found here.

In regards to the REA and the logos, it might be important to mention that not all of the logos have to be removed. I am attempting to find the settlement, but when i find it..I will post it.

Google is not being my friend today!

Alright, sorry for the double post!

I found the settlement instead of linking to it though, I am going to link to the Attorney General's website on it which has everything else that you might need about the settlement.

AG's Website

Good Luck with your speech

REA was not a party to the lawsuit and they are an independent organization so they can't be forced to change anything. Mr. Faison has even mentioned that fact. It is possible that they will make some changes at some point in the future. But the cost to make changes at the REA in the near future is probably not going to be large.

REA was not a party to the lawsuit and they are an independent organization so they can't be forced to change anything. Mr. Faison has even mentioned that fact. It is possible that they will make some changes at some point in the future. But the cost to make changes at the REA in the near future is probably not going to be large.

i know, but when referring to the settlement...that is what the settlement says.