SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Fans in Washington DC

siouxnami

Sorry to waste a thread on this, however as stupid threads that I am responsible for go, this wouldn't make the top 10... :glare:

I will be in DC this weekend, and relying on public transit. Is there a place where I can catch the games? Preferably walking distance to a subway stop.

Sorry to waste a thread on this, however as stupid threads that I am responsible for go, this wouldn't make the top 10... :glare:

I will be in DC this weekend, and relying on public transit. Is there a place where I can catch the games? Preferably walking distance to a subway stop.

undalumni.org shows two:

Grand Slam Sports Bar

in the Grand Hyatt Washington

1000 H Street NW

Washington, DC 20001

Penn Quarter Sports Restaurant

located within 2 blocks to 2 Metro Stations (Gallery Place & Navy Archives)

639 Indiana Avenue NW (7th & Penn NW)

Washington, D.C.

http://www.dcsportstavern.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Alumni apparently had a get together at the latter for the MTU series, nothing listed yet for this weekend's series.

The gatherings were held at Grand Slam Hyatt for a long time because Loren Schields, UND alum, is involved with the Grand Slam in some way. That meant he also usually got it on a TV or two for events like this.

Family obligations have kept me away the past couple years since The Penn Quarter Sports Tavern came on the scene, so I can't comment on that. My one warning there is that there is a Caps game at the Verizon Center tonight.

The Crystal City Sports Pub was always good for showing any game they could get on satellite. I usually watched most of the NCAA hockey tournament there, and occasionally requested a regular season game.

If I don't make it in the Caps game, I may be roaming around, so keep an eye out :glare: