SiouxSports.com Forum

Schedule for next year?

sioux_hockey

Does anyone know who the Sioux are supposed to play next year as far as non conference opponents? Also, what tournaments are they supposed to be in?

I am not sure it is out yet. Just what I have heard on the coaches show. I think we only get to play the Gophers once. I know we play Canisus, Michigan in the ice breaker, Niagra. The Christmas tourney is supposed to be Yale, BSU, UND and Harvad. Other than that I suppose we have the ussual suspects.

I heard this along time ago, but is there any truth in the Sioux playing a series with Boston College. I heard that one year they would play in Boston and the next would be in Grand Forks. I also heard about something like that with New Hampshire.

I Think that starts in the 2003-2004 season. It was announced on the Coaches Show...

I am not sure it is out yet. Just what I have heard on the coaches show. I think we only get to play the Gophers once. I know we play Canisus, Michigan in the ice breaker, Niagra. The Christmas tourney is supposed to be Yale, BSU, UND and Harvad. Other than that I suppose we have the ussual suspects.

The competition of that group isn't very great. I like to play the Maines and Michigans too, but I also like when you play a team like Niagra and BSU. It gives the chance for everyone to play and it does help in the stats category!

Next years Sioux's non conference schedule, looks like this years Gophers non conference schedule.

I would love to see a tourney with B.C. Maine, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU and UND in the Ralph to open the season, I think that would be killer. East vs West tourney where the top conferences could square off and get it on...

That would be a great tournament! It would be a lot of fun to watch!

I haven't heard anything about UNH, I think that may have been a short-term deal.  I'd love it if the conferences could figure out some sort of interlocking schedule.  Personally, I'm embarrassed that we're going to play Canisus next season instead of somebody else like ... the Edina Bantam team.  ???