SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim's Corner

remington_270

Tim's Corner

I think it'll be interesting to see what he has to say once a week.

What does everyone else think???

Call me a homer, but I think he is one of the best annoncers for radio in college hockey. I actually red someone where that one of the Wild TV announcers was UND's radio guy before Tim.

Call me a homer, but I think he is one of the best annoncers for radio in college hockey. I actually red someone where that one of the Wild TV announcers was UND's radio guy before Tim.

Dan Terhaar was the UND hockey announcer during a break in Tim's run. All UND sports used to be on KNOX and that is where Tim started in Grand Forks (maybe the late 70's). Tim, Swyg and Jim Bollman did all of the play by play and they also did some color. At one point UND sports and all 3 announcers jumped to another station in town. At the end of that contract KNOX got the hockey back and hired Terhaar to do play by play. It was probably only for 2 or 3 years. Then KNOX lost the contract again and Tim took over again. Tim and Swyg have been at what is now Clear Channel for probably a decade or longer.

I believe that Terhaar also did St. Cloud Huskies hockey but I don't remember if that was before or after UND.