SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Team USA

AZSIOUX

Interesting story about our team on collegehockeynews.com . Mentions the injuries and the 2nd half run.

Link for the story is here:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...17_fighting.php

It's a good article. They make alot of good points and do talk about our past record. I just hope the trends follow through. Any other optinions on the article?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I took from the game as well.

Look, Team USA's game plan was different than ours. They had some reason to actually play hard in this game because they are still jockeying for a roster spot/playing time/line makeup/getting a feel for each other's tendencies/etc.

If UND had any sort of goal in this game, it would be finding the right makeup 5 on 5 and special teams to accommodate for Zajac's prolonged absence and Kristo's short term absence. There was no implication PWR wise, ranking wise, and so on.

If anything, I think exhibitions should just be a time to try new stuff out. Take risks you wouldn't normally take against a team where the outcome actually matters... got a line you'd like to try out? Go for it. Want to try Ben Blood as a forward on the Powerplay? Why the heck not! The game doesn't matter so try things out.

That's my take. Who won was unimportant.

Excellent assessment. That would be my take on the game as well. Who won was unimportant. Both teams had somewhat different goals. Nothing to worry about. Good homecomings for Coach Blais and for Danny Kristo. Had to be a somewhat difficult time emotionally for both of them.

Nobody with any say in the matter (coaches, players) seems to take the 2nd half run for granted. However, what Hak has instilled in his tenure is a tendency to build team chemistry into the 2nd half to a point where the players can put together 60 min games and build a win streak.

The schedule looks very hard. Nobody's predicting 18-20 2nd half wins, just as nobody was predicting them the last 5 years. But good teams that make serious runs get better over the course of the season.

It seems they peaked a bit early over the last few years. I'm just looking for consistency and healthiness. Getting everyone together and healthy will be a major key in the playoff hunt.

there was some mention of it after the sat wisc game by one or two of the players