SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming

OldSchool

After attending last nights game, I can see that it is going to be a long season. It seemed to me that the girls were lost in the matchup zone last night, and I am starting question what the girls are being taught about a zone because they are constantly out of position. Its one thing to play a good zone and give up points, but the girls were not matching up correctly out of the zone last night, and definitely didn't rebound out of it. I believe we basically have one coach for every two girls, so lets figure it out, and at least do things fundamentally right even if we get beat.

On another note.....are the coaches ever going to take off the intermural practice attire and start dressing the part? Can we at least tuck the shirts in even if we are going to dress like a bunch of jv phy ed instructors.

After attending last nights game, I can see that it is going to be a long season. It seemed to me that the girls were lost in the matchup zone last night, and I am starting question what the girls are being taught about a zone because they are constantly out of position. Its one thing to play a good zone and give up points, but the girls were not matching up correctly out of the zone last night, and definitely didn't rebound out of it. I believe we basically have one coach for every two girls, so lets figure it out, and at least do things fundamentally right even if we get beat.

On another note.....are the coaches ever going to take off the intermural practice attire and start dressing the part? Can we at least tuck the shirts in even if we are going to dress like a bunch of jv phy ed instructors.

I didn't see the game last night--did UND play any man-to-man at all?

The ladies were NOT in a match up zone, it was a straight 2-3 look and the trouble was defending the high post. Once the ball got to the high post, Wyoming could pick anyone they wanted to pass the ball too and, yes, they did make shots. The ladies played pretty much all man in the second half; that wasn't very good either in my opinion. Personally, I would like to see the match up implemented. Buck has always been a man-to-man coach, and a good one at that, so for him to teach the match up would be a good transition. Not easy, but easier for him to teach.

I agree on the outfits. Our coaches look like a bowling team in those shirts. Definitely prefer the more professional look of shirts/ties.

The ladies were NOT in a match up zone, it was a straight 2-3 look and the trouble was defending the high post. Once the ball got to the high post, Wyoming could pick anyone they wanted to pass the ball too and, yes, they did make shots. The ladies played pretty much all man in the second half; that wasn't very good either in my opinion. Personally, I would like to see the match up implemented. Buck has always been a man-to-man coach, and a good one at that, so for him to teach the match up would be a good transition. Not easy, but easier for him to teach.

I agree on the outfits. Our coaches look like a bowling team in those shirts. Definitely prefer the more professional look of shirts/ties.

I thought that I saw a little 122 at some point, but I was preoccupied with other things and trying to watch some to. Either way the 2-3 was awful, but I am pretty sure that they played a some 1-2-2.