SiouxSports.com Forum

Monster Jam

Upper Deck

I've got two boys who want to see Monster Jam in Fargo in February. A few questions: do they have both racing and freestyle the same night - or is it racing one night and freestyle the other? Where are the best areas to sit? Are there any ticket deals or special events that are worthwhile? Is Friday night, Saturday afternoon or Saturday night better than the other?

Thanks!

- John in Bemidji

I've got two boys who want to see Monster Jam in Fargo in February. A few questions: do they have both racing and freestyle the same night - or is it racing one night and freestyle the other? Where are the best areas to sit? Are there any ticket deals or special events that are worthwhile? Is Friday night, Saturday afternoon or Saturday night better than the other?

Thanks!

- John in Bemidji

Two words: Bring earplugs.

Thanks!

- John in Bemidji

I've taken my son there the past couple years. They do both racing and freestyle each night. I believe it's the same show every night. I was not very excited to go to this, but I have to admit, once I got there it was pretty entertaining.

There are probably not many bad place to sit to see the action. As long as you are on the sides somewhere you should have a good view. Also, there is a section or two designated for families (no alcohol) if that's important, but I've sat in the general seating areas and didn't experience anything to be concerned about.

And yes -- you will want to bring earplugs!

I've taken my son there the past couple years. They do both racing and freestyle each night. I believe it's the same show every night. I was not very excited to go to this, but I have to admit, once I got there it was pretty entertaining.

There are probably not many bad place to sit to see the action. As long as you are on the sides somewhere you should have a good view. Also, there is a section or two designated for families (no alcohol) if that's important, but I've sat in the general seating areas and didn't experience anything to be concerned about.

And yes -- you will want to bring earplugs!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not too excited, but my 8 and 5 yr old will have a good time.

Is this Monster Jam the thing that they have the huge trucks (like Gravedigger, Bigfoot, El Toro Loco, etc) that run over ramps and cars? My 8 year old also loves these things and has decided that we need to go to Vegas in March for the World Finals. Good thing he doesn't know how to make plane and hotel reservations, or we'd be there!

We aren't going to Vegas, so if this is the same thing, I'd be happy to take him to Fargo...with earplugs. :D

Is this Monster Jam the thing that they have the huge trucks (like Gravedigger, Bigfoot, El Toro Loco, etc) that run over ramps and cars? My 8 year old also loves these things and has decided that we need to go to Vegas in March for the World Finals. Good thing he doesn't know how to make plane and hotel reservations, or we'd be there!

We aren't going to Vegas, so if this is the same thing, I'd be happy to take him to Fargo...with earplugs. :D

Same thing. Yippee!