SiouxSports.com Forum

USA Today Rankings

GeauxSioux

UND ranked No. 8 in USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll

The University of North Dakota is ranked eighth in the 2009-10 USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Preseason Poll, released this afternoon.

School, Pts, 1st place votes

1. Miami, 457, 4

2. Denver, 455, 13

3. Boston University, 438, 12

4. Michigan, 384

5. Notre Dame, 370, 5

6. Minnesota, 270

7. Cornell, 254

8. North Dakota, 227

9. Princeton, 223

10. UMass-Lowell, 175

11. Yale, 149

12. Boston College, 117

13. St. Cloud State, 106

14. Wisconsin, 80

15. Vermont, 73

thx, posted in the season thread already as well

looks fine to me as pre season polls dont mean squat anyhow good or bad. play hockey and see what happens and then then later on the only meaningful poll in the pairwise will be up and running!! go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

;)

It would be nice to have a first half of the season where the Sioux are not around the .500 mark. :D

we will see. i dont have a problem with it i guess but it may be the reason the wear down in the end. who knows. they are above the .500 for 1st halfs overall in haks first 5 years but i hear you and get your point. lets shoot for a .750 winning % for 1st and 2nd halves :D

;)

we will see. i dont have a problem with it i guess but it may be the reason the wear down in the end. who knows. they are above the .500 for 1st halfs overall in haks first 5 years but i hear you and get your point. lets shoot for a .750 winning % for 1st and 2nd halves :D

let's take an early look at projecting the schedule:

merrimack sweep

minnesota split

uaa- sweep

tech-sweep

scsu-sweep

du-split

osu/miami-sweep

duluth-split

wisonsin-split

that puts us at conceivably 14-4 heading into the new year.

let's take an early look at projecting the schedule:

merrimack sweep

minnesota split

uaa- sweep

tech-sweep

scsu-sweep

du-split

osu/miami-sweep

duluth-split

wisonsin-split

that puts us at conceivably 14-4 heading into the new year.

That's a little optimistic in my opinion. I can see splittng with SCSU more than Duluth. Also, a split against OSU/Miami would be fine as well. The problem with our first halves in recent memory is that we don't win the ones we should....like losing games against teams like Tech.

That's a little optimistic in my opinion. I can see splittng with SCSU more than Duluth. Also, a split against OSU/Miami would be fine as well. The problem with our first halves in recent memory is that we don't win the ones we should....like losing games against teams like Tech.

I hear you, this is my preseason optimism before we lose a game we shouldn't and I go ballistic(sp) and go on some negative rant. :D