SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Videos, and Brett Fa

GF_siouxfan

One thing I learned today:

No, the Pack didn't choke (as earlier pointed out) but...

Check this out: Which team had the #2 defense in the NFC? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. THE PACKERS.

Charles Woodson is the defender of the year apparently. That makes no difference in the argument other than the fact that I like DBs that go for the tackle rather than the strip... and I actually raved about him while he played for Michigan.

So, no, it wasn't a choke. I'd call it more of an:

EPIC FAIL

Hmm... most good GMs tend to draft replacement QBs for standouts 3-5 years before they retire for a number of reasons. Those that wait are typically sorry. Can anyone say San Francisco?

Besides, when the talk is Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers will be #1 that draft year and, when Alex goes #1, Aaron slips down the draft until the Packers are up, what do you expect Ted to do? Say "Well get one in 4 or 5 years?"

Let's not forget the "I'm retired" "No wait!" routine that was basically the routine for Favre for what, the past 4 years?

Thompson was wise to draft Rodgers. #1 talent falling into your lap doesn't happen too often and when it does, you jump for joy. (Hey, in a hockey related story: Remember when Zach Parise fell to 17? Lou Lamorello practically sprinted to the stage to draft Zach. This was practically the same thing only with Rodgers and Green Bay).

Favre was a great QB with Green Bay, but seriously, the soap opera that is Brett Favre far eclipses the flak he got for his INTs. Sure the Pack could have used him in some ways, but...

1. Favre wouldn't have helped Crosby kick a field goal that would have decided the game anyways early on in the game.

2. Favre wouldn't have been able to play D to prevent Arizone from doing practically anything it wanted anyways.

So the argument is irrelevant.

Without Brett Favre's performance in the regular season the Vikings would not even be in the playoffs this year, so if he happens to have a bad game vs. Dallas and the Vikings lose I don't want to hear anybody throwing him under the bus for it. Remember, without him they're probably a .500 caliber team so be grateful that they're in the playoffs and take your chances with him. Whatever happens happens, but keep in mind that they have already just by getting a 1st round bye exceeded what they did last year.

What a colossally stupid thing to say. The Vikings were in the playoffs last year without Favre. They would've made it this year without him because they played such a cupcake schedule. They were 10-6 without him last year, so saying they're a .500 team isn't exactly true.

Also, even if Favre is better than Rodgers right now (personally I'd say Rodgers is better) how much longer will that be true? A year or two, tops? Rodgers has 7-10 good years left in him. Give me A-Rod any day of the week.

Vikings at Saints

I spent the weekend in Louisiana and boy are the people there ready for this. New Orleans has never hosted an NFC Championship game.

If you want to hear the news from the "other side" stream Bobby Hebert on WWL from 4:00 to 8:00. http://www.wwl.com/

Actually, I'm sure they will be running Saints news all day.

The newspaper will be loaded with Saints info.... http://www.nola.com/

Geaux Saints !!!

As a Packer fan, the Vikings win was bitter sweet. Favre still has it! Wow! AP? :huh: This is Favre's gig now!

Things worked out well for Favre and the Vikes and frankly Rodgers is who I'm glad is at QB for GB. Potential short term gain vs. potential long tern success? I'll take the later with Rodgers.

Go Vikings!? ???

PS...Teddy T. is still an ass! ;)