SiouxSports.com Forum

Hello Sioux Nation!

texastech

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Texas Tech's boards are at Raiderpower.com.....feel free to hop over there. You will need a Scout login --- if you don't have one, just register.

One of your fans came by earlier this week and posted a message asking for some fun things to do around Lubbock. Here's the link to that for those of you making the trip to Lubbock: Link

Since North Dakota is so far, I imagine some of you may be interested in flying. Lubbock's airport is roughly 10 miles north of Jones AT&T Stadium. You can fly into Lubbock via Southwest Airlines (via Dallas Love Airport), Delta (via Memphis), American Airlines (via Dallas Fort Worth International), and Continental (via Houston Intercontinental). Lubbock doesn't have a whole lot of hotels so you'll have to really hurry and try to book ASAP. Many of the rooms will be booked well in advance on football weekends.

If you have any questions, just post on here or on Raiderpower.com. Looking forward to the game on Sept 5th!

anyone know what hotel the charter planes stayin in yet

I believe the team/charter is staying at the Holiday Inn Towers about a mile east of the Stadium.

I cannot wait for the game. The atmosphere is going to be something that the players will always remember and the fans will too! I have read that the campus is beautiful and is worth touring.

Thanks for the welcome TexasTech guy!

I believe the team/charter is staying at the Holiday Inn Towers about a mile east of the Stadium.

I cannot wait for the game. The atmosphere is going to be something that the players will always remember and the fans will too! I have read that the campus is beautiful and is worth touring.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy Lubbock.

Have had the joy of tailgating at many Big 12 football games. It is an absolute pleasure. People are excited, happy, friendly, talkative, and generous with the food and beverages. They will want to know all about North Dakota and its team so it is an advantage to wear clothes indentifying yourself. It starts early and ends late with many TV's tuned to other games. It will be warm so dress for it. Hats and sunglasses help. It is easy to overconsume because of the environment so pace yourself. Get to stadium early, pre-game is usually very impressive. Have fun, support your team, make new friends. If you are a football fan try to attend a SEC or Big 12 football game at least once. You will go back and beg your AD to find another game to schedule to matter the score because of the experience.

I see you're from San Antonio.....I spent 6 weeks there courtesy of the U.S. government back in late 1970. Only got ot go around town for one day, but I liked the place a lot!

I graduated from Tech about 3 years ago and have been in San Antonio since. SA is a great place, I just wish it was closer to Lubbock so I could attend more home games. If you have the funds to burn, book airfare, hotel and football tickets ASAP.

Tech I plan on going to Lubbock. Are there many scalpers on game day?

Or is that a bad idea to get tickets.

Honestly, I doubt the game will sell out. I'd buy tickets online to get good seats. Phone number at ticket office is 806-742-TECH or you can go online to texastech.com and chat online with a sales rep. The North Dakota game is selling as a package --- i.e. you have to buy another game with it --- A&M or OU.

Another option is Ebay or StubHub, I imagine there will be a number of good deals on there.

Ordered tickets thru Stub Hub last week got tickets on vistors side on 35 yard line for face value. Showed up on doorstep 3 days later via Fed-Ex.

There are usually many scalpers around, but the school officials try to dissuade the purchase of scalped tickets.

The reason is that last year there was a huge influx of counterfeit tickets. Even for the games that weren't sold out.

If you buy a counterfeit ticket you are pretty much out of luck.

I would hate for some one to travel all that way and get hosed.

I would imagine that tickets will be available at the box-office even on gameday.

Since the game is on Memorial Day weekend and all, game tickets for this game isn't as hard to get as say a BIG 12 home game. I have seen tickets on Stubhub for as low as $6. That is a great buy.

North Dakota fan base and your band will be in section 13 more than likely. As game week comes closer, Tech usually sells a lot of tickets if available as long as the weather is nice.

Hotels are a real pain in the ass to get this late. If you need help, send me a note and I will see what I can do for you.

Otherwise, have a safe trip and welcome to Texas and Lubbock!

Since the game is on Memorial Day weekend and all, game tickets for this game isn't as hard to get as say a BIG 12 home game. I have seen tickets on Stubhub for as low as $6. That is a great buy.

North Dakota fan base and your band will be in section 13 more than likely. As game week comes closer, Tech usually sells a lot of tickets if available as long as the weather is nice. There will be over 50,000 as usual though.

Hotels are a real pain in the ass to get this late. If you need help, send me a note and I will see what I can do for you.

Otherwise, have a safe trip and welcome to Texas and Lubbock!

I was glad to hear the UND band is coming to the game. Might as well go all out. Raider Red is right about ya'll wearing UND gear. Tech fans will make you feel welcome especially in the tailgating areas. They will be a little less friendly inside the Jones but ya'll can take it. Have fun.