SiouxSports.com Forum

Remember Me?

Blackheart

Anybody ever heard of a guy named Murray Strall? Strale? Sorry, I can't read the last name on the document I have with his name on it.

He was a player from Canada; possibly from the Winnipeg area, who was recruited to play at the University of North Dakota at the same time as James Patrick and Gord Sherven. It would have been late seventies, early eighties...If Gino Gasparini is reading this, I'm sure he could tell me... :lol:

He did not end up playing for the Sioux due to some unfortunate circumstances, but I was just wondering if anyone remembers this guy...sorry, I wish I could make out the last name a little better...

Anybody ever heard of a guy named Murray Strall? Strale? Sorry, I can't read the last name on the document I have with his name on it.

He was a player from Canada; possibly from the Winnipeg area, who was recruited to play at the University of North Dakota at the same time as James Patrick and Gord Sherven. It would have been late seventies, early eighties...If Gino Gasparini is reading this, I'm sure he could tell me... :)

He did not end up playing for the Sioux due to some unfortunate circumstances, but I was just wondering if anyone remembers this guy...sorry, I wish I could make out the last name a little better...

Thought possibly he played for the Notre Dame Hounds of the SJHL since Sherven, Patrick, and several other Sioux and other future college players played at Wilcox during that era. Tough to find rosters, however, from that far back.

There's a void in info during the Hounds early 80's years, since they left the SJHL in 1976 and played AAA midget until 1987. There are, however, team photos up in the Wilcox barn during those years featuring many future Sioux and their AAA midget championships, as well as players that went on to play at other colleges, and the NHL (Curtis Joseph and Wendel Clark, for instance).

I'd guess Eades may also know the answer to you question, since he was part of both Sioux championships during those years.

What document do you have? What was the unfortunate circumstance?

Long story short, he was recruited to play for UND...during a recruiting visit, after a night of fun, he drew the short straw and ended up behind the wheel to get everyone home...pulled over by the cops, bye-bye scholarship...

Long story short, he was recruited to play for UND...during a recruiting visit, after a night of fun, he drew the short straw and ended up behind the wheel to get everyone home...pulled over by the cops, bye-bye scholarship...

UGH......