SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO DI?

MplsBison

I wonder if UNO would consider going DI and being a travel partner for UMKC in the Summit?

They could play football with UND and USD in the Great West. And it would help if UMKC would start football too.

To me there seems like the potential to be some really good travel partners in the Summit:

UND-NDSU: 79 mi

USD-SDSU: 115 mi

UNO-UMKC: 186 mi

IUPUI-IPFW: 128 mi

(another one of my dreams)

Oakland-Wayne State: 30 mi

(another possibility)

ORU - Oklahoma City Univ.: 101 mi

Omaha and Kearney explored it in the past and the Nebraska legislature had none of it. (It's all about the Huskers.) It was a linked story here at one time. It's mentioned here.

The notion's been around since the NCC started shedding teams; however, UNO has massive budget and personnel problems right now. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Just seems like a natural pairing of UNO and UMKC, both urban universities in large cities on I-29.

Much more natural pairings are UMKC and UMSL - both large universities in the same University System, in cities that are natural rivals, and they share I-70. The Summit wanted SIU-E because of St. Louis' media, potential host for tournaments, and as a rival for WIU. UMSL's case is stronger on paper.

Much more natural pairings are UMKC and UMSL - both large universities in the same University System, in cities that are natural rivals, and they share I-70. The Summit wanted SIU-E because of St. Louis' media, potential host for tournaments, and as a rival for WIU. UMSL's case is stronger on paper.

250 mi. between UMKC and UMSL.

Plus UNO has football.